- Lincoln, RI
- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
- Product Engineering
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
- Our 2025 strategy means delighting customers, new and old, with remarkable products and premium experiences. We are excited about this future and want to accelerate our drive to get there. Part of that change is evolving the way we manufacture and fulfil our products in a bid to grow the business further
We have created a strategic team which has been building out a new platform with transformational capabilities for both our internal and external customers, including our manufacturing team.
Cutting all ties with our legacy monolithic applications and services, this new platform is the future of MOO. We aim to offer this new solution to customers in a way that drives towards our longer-term plans but adds value and data lead insight from the start.
This team were formed in 2020 and have so far been focussing on building the technical foundations of a new eCommerce and fulfilment network. We are now putting more focus on the needs of internal manufacturing, which is where this role comes in our internal manufacturing teams and the systems and tools they use are pivotal to creating great experiences for MOO customers. Every product we produce is unique and creating tools and systems to handle that is of paramount importance to our goal of always delivering delight to our customers.
In this role, you would be responsible for providing capabilities that enable our manufacturing teams to deliver repeatable high-volume and high-quality work in an increasingly lean and efficient way. Data and the ability to gain insights from it, will set you up for success. You’ll also need to work closely with various highly experienced members of the operations teams, other technical teams, customer services and any other stakeholders that the domain touches to help ensure the needs and capabilities of our manufacturing system are supported.
Alongside you is a team of engineers all driven towards the same goal as you, looking for your guidance and domain knowledge to help ensure the right products are delivered. Behind you is a growing team of product people experienced in the domain, whom you can rely on for support and guidance.
There is a real mix of greenfield technology and internal-facing customer work in a complex and diverse domain.
The Person We Want
- Must have experience working with Operations, Manufacturing or Print internal customers
- Has experience building a new product from scratch
- Both B2C and B2B experience
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to context-switch easily from technology, operations, research techniques, design best practices, short term team focuses, longer team opportunities etc
- Strong data skills across qual and quant data
- Great storyteller who can bring people on the journey and inspire them
- Comfortable working across locations (we have offices based in Denver, Boston, Providence, Dagenham and London) Our Manufacturing facility is based in Providence and you should be comfortable travelling there frequently
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
- Experience in working in an agile, cross-functional development team
- Comfortable working collaboratively across teams and departments
- Test, measure and learn approach to Product development
- Lives and breathes the MOO values bringing enthusiasm and positivity to every problem
- We are open to candidates with a strong technical background with industry/domain knowledge (Manufacturing or Print) who aspire to move into a Product role
- Shape the product vision and strategy alongside the our existing Technical Product Manager and Director of Product.
- Build and maintain the product roadmap, paying particular attention to the needs of our different customers (internal and external) and using real data (both qual and quant) to guide the prioritisation and solutions.
- Working with a cross functional team across many parts of the company, including Engineering, Sales and Marketing to identify outcomes and deliver using an iterative approach.
- Know your customers and their problems. Truly understand our user segments and their wants, needs and pain points by partnering with our in-house user research, design and customer service partners to lead an outcome-driven approach to product development.
- Define and monitor KPIs and prove incremental value of work delivered by the team and drive decision making.
- Lead and inspire a cross functional development team to deliver great work with a mission and vision that everyone buys in to.
- You LOVE product. You love taking things apart, putting them back together, discovering problems and debating features. You are intrigued by juicy product problems in search of elegant, simple solutions. You have an agile mindset and love to learn. You are quick to recognise failures and pivot the product based on learnings. You have excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical and have a commitment to quality.
- You’re technically strong. You havea track record of successful delivery in a technical role. You’re able to discuss and translate complex technical capabilities and constraints and turn them into plain english and you can own and guide the improvement of technical capabilities. You can understand both customer needs and the technical architecture of the platforms and you’re able to identify and track key metrics to ensure that your products meet critical service levels.
- You’re customer-centric. Real, actionable customer insights rock your world. You value user research and actively seek out opportunities to understand your users better, identifying customer needs and solving real problems. You are positive, empathetic and persistently patient.
- You love building and strategising. Your perfect week might include a user story mapping session; deep diving for insights in your data; discussing with stakeholders the perfect balance of optimisation and innovation; reviewing and signing off stories and celebrating wins with cake!
- You can joust with the best of them. You understand data flows, can converse with architects and engineers on the limitations of approaches, talk ‘discovery’ with our Designers and Researchers and can spot a bad smell from a mile away.
- You are highly self motivated. You have a real hunger to deliver customer excellence and ‘imagine it better’ for the customer internally and externally. You are able to work with minimal supervision and direction
Nice To Haves
- Domain knowledge in an industry working with print, manufacturing and shipping
- Working with strategic 3rd party partners, suppliers and SaaS solutions
- Experience of contract negotiation and vendor selection
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class