- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
- The job of the Browse crew is to help MOO to inspire customers.
- We ensure there is an amazing customer experience they can use to find & choose products and services that help them look their best.
- We also provide teams across MOO with tools and data to optimise the customer experience and quickly respond to new opportunities.
MOO is seeking a senior software engineer with experience of content management systems. You will help simplify and optimise the moo.com website, migrate content to next generation technology, and help to specify and build the future of MOO.
The ideal applicant is an engineer who cares about the details, tries to imagine better solutions and is motivated to go the extra mile to deliver delight. They are also a pragmatic problem solver who is open to collaboration.
- The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Team Lead (Browse) and work closely with a small team of engineers.
- They will be responsible for their code in production, running what they build. They are able to teach and mentor others to deliver technical excellence.
- The person we appoint to this role will be a self-sufficient engineer able to solve technical problems alongside their teammates.
These are the things you will be helping to do:
- Deliver clean and maintainable code addressing needs throughout our application stack (which is... deep breath... HTML, JS, CSS, Freemarker, Magnolia CMS, JCR, Tomcat, Java, MySQL, Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, AWS EC2, RDS and EKS, GitLab and Argo CD… phew!).
- Help us to refactor and optimise for maintainability and performance.
- Set a high standard for the codebase so that it is legible to people less experienced than you, and is easy to change when needed.
- Produce clear and consistent REST API designs, sweating the details.
- Take ownership of our deployment processes, pipelines and infrastructure code with the support of our excellent Platform team.
- Contribute to making and recording architectural decisions based on objective and well rounded criteria.
- Able to adopt and develop the professional standards of the team including testing strategies, separation of concerns and maintainability.
- Lead technical work streams, involving others within the team.
- Assist with triage of support requests.
The person we are looking for will need these skills
- Some familiarity with the creation of front-end features.
- You are keen to understand what is going on under the hood and how this impacts the user experience.
- You’ll appreciate the use cases for a CMS in an eCommerce business.
- Willing to embrace remote work using Zoom and Slack for the foreseeable future.
Nice to haves
- We occasionally get involved in these areas. If you have relevant experience, highlight it. If you don’t, then you should still apply and you will definitely be considered.
- Identifying opportunities from front-end performance metrics including Lighthouse, CrUX report, HTTP Access Logs, developer tooling and accessibility audit reports.
- Have an appreciation/understanding of product strategy
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.