- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are the Manufacturing and Shipping team at MOO (also known as MASH). Our team is responsible for building the core systems that enable the warehouse to manufacture physical products, and ensure our customers get their parcels on time. This area provides a fascinating domain at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds. Without manufacturing and shipping, there would be no MOO.
We are a team in which everyone’s perspective is valued, and nobody is afraid of new ideas, tackling challenges together, and learning from mistakes. We really care about continually improving, and we love the open exchange of knowledge amongst our members.
We use Zoom for all of our calls and meetings. It creates a regular office day feeling, giving us the chance to see each other’s faces - sometimes it involves a smiling toddler walking into the room or a random cat walking on the keyboard - we are all one team.
As a Senior Software Engineer in MASH, You Will:
- Lead, design, build and maintain microservices mostly built in Java, but there is a touch of other programming languages
- Work with AWS, Kubernetes and other AWS based technologies
- Identify functionalities from the existing monolithic application that required moving to cloud hosted microservice architecture
- Lead discovery work for new products, features, and services
- Provide our Technical Product Owner and Engineering Manager with feedback on complexity of features, epics and large development initiatives
- Scope work into well-defined increments
- Collaborate with a team of supportive, knowledgeable engineers, working towards a shared goal
- Work with a bunch of internal and external industry API’s
- Have significant input into the teams testing, deployment and maintenance plan
- Build services that help generate actual, physical products that you can hold and touch
- Someone with a sense of humour, focus on learning and bringing new experiences to help drive the team forward
- You care about building great things, learning and leading by example
- A strong understanding for Agile practices (Scrum, KanBan, XP) and strong engineering principles
- A strong working understanding of software engineering using Java and Spring
- Appreciation for engineering concepts such as TDD, observability, and BDD
- An engineer who cares deeply about improving both yourself and your team
- Someone who looks to drive innovation and focuses strongly on continuous improvement within teams & technologies
- Someone who is excited about knowledge sharing and contributing to the wider community
- You care about great customer experience and want to collaborate with other engineers and our internal users
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.