- Lincoln, RI
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
- So what is the team you are going to be joining?
We are the Manufacturing and Shipping team at MOO (also known as MASH). Our team is responsible for building the core systems that enable the warehouse to manufacture physical products, and ensure our customers get their parcels on time. This area provides a fascinating problem domain at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds. Without manufacturing and shipping, there would be no MOO.
We are a team in which everyone’s perspective is valued, and nobody is afraid of new ideas, tackling challenges together, and learning from mistakes. We really care about continually improving, and we love the open exchange of knowledge amongst our members.
We use Zoom for all of our calls and meetings. That creates a regular office day feeling giving us the chance to see each other’s faces - sometimes it involves a smiling toddler walking into the room or a random cat walking on the keyboard - we are all one team.
As a Senior Software Engineer in MASH you will:
- Deciding and adding capabilities to allow more efficient production and fulfilment of our products
- Identifying functionalities from the existing monolithic application that required moving to cloud hosted microservice architecture
- Lead discovery work for new products, features, and services
- Provide our Technical Product Owner and Engineering Manager with feedback on complexity of features, epics and large development initiatives
- Scopes work into well-defined increments
- Collaborate with a team of supportive, knowledgeable engineers, working towards a shared goal
- Lead, discuss, design, build, deploy, monitor and maintain microservices mostly built in Java, but there is a touch of other programming languages.
- Work with a bunch of internal and external industry API’s
- Work with AWS, Kubernetes and other cloud technologies
- Have significant input into the team’s testing, deployment and maintenance plan
- Build services that help generate actual, physical products that you can hold and touch
- About You; You do not have to be able to do all the things we listed above to be considered. If you are uncertain, reach out to us anyway. A willingness to learn goes a long way!!
- You must have a strong working understanding of software engineering using Java and Spring.
- We would like you to have experience extracting functionality into microservices.
- You will have an appreciation for SOLID standards and engineering concepts such as TDD, observability, and BDD.
- You are an engineer who cares deeply about improving both yourself and your team.
- You care about great customer experience and want to collaborate with other engineers and our internal users.
- You care about building great things, learning and leading by example.
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class