- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
- We are the Manufacturing and Shipping team at MOO (affectionally known as MaSh).
Our team is responsible for building the core systems that enable the warehouse to manufacture physical products and ensure our customers get their parcels on time. This area provides a fascinating problem domain at the intersection of the digital and physical worlds. Without manufacturing and shipping, there would be no MOO.
We are a cross-functional team in which everyone’s perspective is valued and people in the team are not afraid to share new ideas, tackle challenges together, and learn from mistakes. We really care about constantly improving and we value open exchange of knowledge amongst our members.
Our team works remotely, with various members across the UK. Going forwards, we expect to be meeting up in person around 8 times per year to sync up with each other and connect with others across MOO.
About the Role
- You will work on a range of technical tasks:
- Adding capabilities to allow more efficient production and fulfillment of our products
- Decoupling functionality from the existing monolithic application moving forwards towards a more structured and efficient cloud-hosted microservice architecture
- Product expansion & scalability
- Discovery work for new products, features, and services
- Collaborate with a team of supportive, knowledgeable engineers, working towards a shared goal.
- Enhance your skills as a software engineer while delivering a modern and scalable manufacturing platform.
- Discuss, design, build, deploy, monitor, and maintain microservices mostly built in Java, but there is a touch of other programming languages.
- Work with a bunch of internal and external industry API’s.
- Work with AWS, Kubernetes, and other cloud technologies
- Care about automated tests at unit, integration, and functional level.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Coordinate with different teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product initiatives.
- Build services that help generate actual, physical products that you can hold and touch
- You are an engineer who cares deeply about improving both yourself and your team.
- You care about great customer experience and want to collaborate with other engineers and our internal users.
- You must have working experience in software engineering using Java
- You might have some experience extracting functionality into microservices, though that’s a bonus, and not a requirement. We will show you the ropes and you will learn this on the job. We are a team that loves to help out and grow the experience of the members.
- You will have an appreciation for SOLID standards and engineering concepts such as TDD, observability, BDD.
- You care about building great things, asking questions and learning.
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.