- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Design & UI
Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a Visual Designer to join our London team.
We help private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our innovative, fully-online products have redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades. In three years we have helped 2.5 million consumers and grown to a team of over 100.
Our product-driven approach and leadership has resulted in an environment where design and UX is highly valued. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products, and change an industry.
About the role
Motorway is growing quickly and we are now seeking a talented Visual Designer to join our small, focused design team.
Working closely with Senior Designers, Product Managers and the Marketing Team you’ll get to work across our full customer base including consumers (motorway.co.uk), professional car buyers (pro.motorway.co.uk) and for our employees (140 and growing).
- Developing online ad creatives, including banners, widgets and website integrations.
- Designing email marketing campaigns and creatives.
- Designing video and graphics for social media.
- Developing offline and out of home creatives; such as print ads.
- Creating landing page designs and helping with UI design for our products.
- Maintaining and developing our brand guidelines, illustration and icon library, and design system.
- Working on corporate communications including investor materials, presentations and press materials.
- Designing signage, branding and interior design elements for our offices in London and Brighton.
- Developing branded merchandise and clothing, plus internal presentations, posters and other items for the team.
We are a design-focused organisation; extending to the founding team; with a very strong focus on creating amazing user experiences and high quality products. We seek to build a creative and fun working environment where the best ideas win and great work is created.
- 2-3 years of commercial experience in a design role, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
- An ability to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by examples of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation
- Strong aesthetic ability and visual taste, resulting in work that is powerful and beautiful to behold.
- Typography, colour, illustration, photography, icons, branding… you are all over this
- An exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, and Adobe CC, and collaboration tools like Dropbox and Slack, plus strong Mac skills
- Comfortable collaborating with different areas of the business, such as commercial, marketing or development teams
- A personal interest and passion for visual creativity, be it art, product design, graphic design or photography
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary
- A great team player with a strong work sense of humility
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.