- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Engineering QA
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace — our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award-winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better
About the role
Are you an accomplished Automation QA Engineer who is looking for a role where they can help define the Quality and test processes?
As the Engineering team grows, we’re looking to add Quality as a discipline within Engineering. You will work closely with the Engineering teams and the QA Lead to build the QA Guild at Motorway. On a daily basis, you’ll be working in a cross-functional team, made up of Design, FE & BE Engineers, QA and DevOps.
What you’ll do
This job is incredibly important, as you’ll be working with Engineers to decide where and what new automated tests are needed to best understand and surface information on new features and code.
You will become an integral part of the development process as the engineering team will look to you to ensure the platform is a 5 star service.
We know that automation isn’t a cure-all, but it is a reliable way to quickly get feedback on the state of software under development. You need to be able to tread the line between sufficient test coverage and confidence to maximise the effectiveness of our build processes.
You will be trained in different areas and have the potential opportunity to work on development code to help with your day-to-day duties. This is a great opportunity to grow in this role as Motorway also grows, and we hire more people in similar roles.
- Experience in building and testing software in an agile continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Experience in functional/non-functional testing, test architecture, performance testing.
- Experience maintaining and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Experience creating and iterating automated tests.
- Knowledge of modern development practices, such as CI/CD and cloud based technology.
- Knowledge of agile development practices.
- Willing to learn and grow within a fast-paced environment.
- Agile experience in the end to end test cycle.
- Qualifications and/or experience in testing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in technology.
- Self-driven, good communication, proud of your work, and a team player.
Nice to have
- Experience mocking data for test consumption and manipulation.
- A competitive salary.
- Significant stock options - we succeed and fail together as a team - we want you to be included in our success
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup and build products that will change an industry.
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape.
- If you’re into cars, opportunities to work with vehicle data and learn about the automotive industry. We also have some fun, car-related activities (as well as non-car fun too!)
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.