- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Engineering QA
Are you an accomplished QA Engineer who is looking for a role where they can help define the Quality and test process?
Motorway is a hugely successful startup in the automotive space, moving into the next phase of growth. As the Engineering team grows, we’re looking to add Quality as a discipline within Engineering. You will work closely with the Engineering teams and the QA Lead to build the QA Guild at Motorway. On a daily basis, you’ll be working in a cross-functional team, made up of Design, FE & BE Engineers, QA and DevOps.
You’ll join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
About the role
This job is incredibly important, as you’ll be working with Engineers from the start of development (we’re shifting QA left as far as possible), to decide if new features and code should be shipped or not. You will become an integral part of the development process as the engineering team will look to you to ensure the platform is a 5 star service.
You will be trained in different areas and have the opportunity to work on automation or coding to help with your day-to-day duties. This is a great opportunity to grow in this role as Motorway also grows, and we hire more people in similar roles.
- Write and execute test scripts.
- Write and automate test scripts.
- Experience in building and testing software in an agile continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Experience in functional/non-functional testing, test architecture, performance testing.
- Experience creating and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of modern development practices, such as CI/CD and cloud based technology.
- Knowledge of agile development practices.
- Willing to learn and grow within a fast-paced environment.
- Agile experience in the end to end test cycle.
- Qualifications and/or experience in testing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in technology.
- Self-driven, good communication, proud of your work, and a team player
As a team
We truly live our core values:
- Create new Roads - We have a culture of innovation, we succeed by being fast and agile, testing new ideas and using what works. We need to keep on innovating, and of never believing good enough is okay, Kaizen - continuously improving!
- Take the Wheel - Being accountable for our roles and facing difficult challenges head-on. As an Engineering Manager, you should embody the principles of servant leadership, while being accountable and your team’s success and delivery. As a manager you will need to make hard decisions and take the initiative to succeed as a team.
- Drive to win - We’re going to completely change an industry. We believe in team success ahead of individual success, and work together collaboratively to build the best marketplace and company.
- Go the extra mile- Delivering 5 star standards for ourselves, our customers and our colleagues. We’re building both a 5 star company that we all want to work for, as well as a 5 star car marketplace that everyone wants to use. A place where everyone wins. Your biggest definition of success as an Engineering Manager is if everyone in our team succeeds.
- Be Humble- We work with nice humans, and we want to continue working with nice humans! We succeed together, we don’t blame others and we know we’re not perfect and ask for help. We have a flat, collaborative culture and we want to continue having us work together as a team.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £100 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have a real impact and will change an industry.
Equal opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.