- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. Our mission is to bring the car industry into the future through ground-breaking products and best in class technology. Founded in 2017 we are growing rapidly and power thousands of vehicle transactions every month. To make this possible, we work with over 1,000 professional car buyers and dealerships nationwide, offering them instant access to private car sellers through an automated technology platform, with over 1m sale enquiries in the last 12 months.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Finance to own the entire finance function of this high growth, fast paced scale-up. Reporting into the Finance Director, you’ll oversee all financial strategy and operations, and get the opportunity to shape and build the best in class finance function.
The role will involve:
- Financial Modelling: Maintaining and building on the existing financial model used to showcase performance and projections to external investors. Working closely with the Strategy Team to understand and forecast future revenue streams.
- Budget & Forecasting: Running the financial planning activities of the company including annual budget and rolling forecast. Implementing monthly cost centre reporting.
- Day to day running of finance function: Oversight of a smooth invoicing, payments, payroll, VAT filing & R&D tax credit process.
- Reporting: Maintaining P&L, BS & cash flow reporting for internal and external stakeholders. Preparing board reports for equity investors and providing insightful & timely analysis.
- Coaching/mentoring: Providing support, training and guidance to your team - you will have experience of managing and growing a team and be willing to recruit, lead and develop.
- Relationships: Acting as a key part of the senior management team and support the Executive team with decision making by providing insightful analysis. Owning relationships with key finance providers, including outsourced book-keeper, lawyers and tax advisers.
- Investor Relations: Communicating the company’s financial performance to relevant audiences, for example at company meetings and investor updates.
- Cap Table Management: Ownership of the cap-table
- Ad-hoc - including operations, legal & project management duties
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified professional - 7+ years of post qualified experience, ideally in a similar position within a scaling organisation.
- Financial modelling - Strong financial modelling skills, with the ability to produce forecasted P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statements.
- Fundraising - Experience of raising venture capital and/or venture debt.
- Software and Systems - Solid excel skills and experience of using an accounting package, ideally Xero.
- Strategic thinking - Ability to grasp the big picture and make strategic recommendations based on data.
- Hunger for Automation - A real desire to improve processes and automate wherever possible.
- Hands on attitude - willingness to roll up sleeves and the confidence to take on challenges outside of traditional areas of expertise.
- Communication - Strong communicator who is able to influence and lead.
- A competitive salary
- BUPA private health insurance
- £500 annual learning budget
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week)
- The option to work remote for a full month each year
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A fun working environment with regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.