- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
The Head of Operations Program Management will be responsible for defining and managing the implementation of initiatives that improve the Customer and Dealer experience on Motorway. This includes how we fulfil Customer sales (including payment and transport solutions) and how we provide Dealers with the tools and services they need. This role will report directly to our Chief Operating Office (James Wilson, ex-Amazon and ex-Bain) and you will work closely with him to identify the highest priority initiatives. You will also work closely with other teams (including finance, product/tech, sales, dealer account management, transport) to develop joint plans and goals for these initiatives.
This role requires the ability to: (i) think strategically (e.g. supporting the development of 3 year plans; identifying opportunities to innovate our customer experience(, (ii) dive deep (e.g. analysing business metrics to identify improvement opportunities; building financial models to assess opportunities) and (iii) deliver plans through effective partnering with operational teams (e.g. getting buy-in on shared goals; setting up tracking to ensure goals are delivered). Given the fast paced and dynamic nature of Motorway, this role requires strong skills in prioritisation, communication and cross-functional team management.
- Define improvement plans across Motorway operations, articulating how these will enhance the Customer experience and Dealer experience, and the role that partner teams will play in delivering these plans
- Deep dive on financial and operational metrics to identify short term and long term improvement opportunities
- Build financial models to prioritize opportunities and set clear KPIs for the initiatives, including phased goals for partner teams
- Track delivery of the goals / KPIs for priority initiatives, coordinating across partner teams to ensure they are on track to meet their deliverables
- Hiring and managing two Operations Program Managers
- Strong demonstrable experience operating at a leadership level in a relevant role
- Experience in e-commerce (ideally with marketplace experience) and/or program management delivery in a fast moving environment
- Experience in consulting is also beneficial given the importance of business analytics and modelling in this role
Demonstrable experience in:
- Setting short-term and long-term goals on strategic initiatives
- Analysing metrics and key performance indicators
- Program managing initiatives to ensure delivery of results on time and to a high standard
- Working autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams (sales, finance, operation and product/tech)
- A competitive salary.
- A stake in the business, via our stock option programme, enabling you to share in the future growth and success of Motorway.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £500 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.