- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace. We’re disrupting a decades old industry by helping private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through an online platform of car dealers.
Our innovative, online, product-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, build amazing products, and change an industry.
About the role
We’re looking for our first in-house legal hire. Reporting into the Finance Director, you’ll be responsible for all things legal across the business. The role will be broad, hands on, and involve working closely with all functions in the business. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Managing relationships with external lawyers
- ESOP scheme management, filing and issuance
- GDPR compliance and dealing with customer and supplier queries relating to data privacy.
- Developing standard legal agreement templates across the business (NDAs, partnership agreements, client contracts etc),
- Providing legal support and advice on M&A, investor relations, fundraising
- Identify and communicate the risks and legal issues involved in commercial decisions to the exec team.
- Ad hoc legal and compliance research, advice and support
- A post qualified lawyer with 2 years post qualified experience or a Paralegal with 6+ years relevant experience
- At least 1+ years experience working within a startup/ scale-up business (desirable)
- A willingness to roll up sleeves and the confidence to take on challenges outside of traditional areas of expertise.
- A strong communicator who is able to influence and lead.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric car leasing scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees