- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking an ambitious Product Manager to join our team based in London.
We help private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through an online platform of specialist car dealers. Our innovative, online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades and helping us to grow to a team of over 160 across 3 locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, build amazing products, and change an industry.
Joining our Product and Engineering team (currently 40 people and growing fast), you’ll have ownership of a crucial part of our customer journey: the vehicle profiling flow.
Working in a cross-functional squad (UX, design, engineering and QA), you’ll develop innovative ways to make the process of submitting vehicle details and photos fast and easy. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end process from discovery through to scoping, roadmapping, delivery and beyond.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market, using quantitative and qualitative techniques to identify the biggest opportunities.
- Collaborate with commercial and data teams to understand business goals.
- Work closely with your squad to scope and build innovative solutions, generate learnings and continuously iterate.
- Create and own an ambitious product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, ensuring that the squad remains focussed on the most important things, and that you can communicate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Work with our data team to define metrics for measuring success and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Manage feedback and feature requests from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Champion the product and be responsible for communicating product launches both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable commercial experience in a consumer product management role. Experience working on marketplace products, photo capture tools or multi-step forms is a bonus.
- An ability to create business growth and change, demonstrated by a track record of delivering products or features with significant positive outcomes.
- Extensive experience of working within cross-functional teams in an outcome-driven way. Comfortable with delivering at speed, learning quickly then iterating.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing customer experiences and know the importance of continuous discovery, regularly engaging with your users to gather feedback and validate assumptions.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies, web technologies and web development practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong visual and product taste, resulting in products that have the wow factor and first-class UX.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working with all areas of the business, including sales, marketing, content and data teams.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A great team player with a strong sense of humility.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.