- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our innovative, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
Motorway is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having recently raised £48m in Series B funding from Index Ventures, BMW iVentures and others.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products and help change an industry for the better.
Product culture at Motorway
At Motorway, we’re strong believers in the value of empowered teams. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll work with a cross-functional squad to determine the right things to build that deliver the most value to our customers and the business. You’ll do this using a dual-track discovery/delivery approach, rapidly evaluating opportunities through user research, data analysis and experimentation, and you’ll measure and communicate your impact based on outcomes rather than outputs.
As Senior Product Manager for our newly formed Payments team, you and your squad will own the technology, services and user flows that will allow our network of thousands of dealer partners to make instant payments to our customers. You’ll join our Product and Engineering team (currently 50 people and growing fast) and lead a cross-functional team covering UX, design, engineering and QA. You’ll work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the business, including the Head of Product and Chief Product Officer.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market, using quantitative and qualitative discovery, testing and interview techniques to identify the biggest opportunities.
- Work closely with your squad to scope, build and measure innovative solutions, generate learnings and continuously iterate.
- Create and own an ambitious outcome-driven product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Prioritise ruthlessly, ensuring that the squad remains focussed on solving the most important problems and that you can communicate the rationale behind your decisions.
- Work with our data team to define metrics for measuring success and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Lead stakeholder sessions to update on the squad’s progress, discovery/ experimentation findings and the impact of features shipped.
- Champion the product and be responsible for communicating product launches both internally and externally.
- Stay on top of technological and industry trends, highlighting how we can proactively stay ahead of the curve
- Experience working with payment processing services in a product management role and knowledge of payment industry best practices, compliance and billing.
- Strong technical understanding and experience working with APIs, microservices and back-end projects.
- An ability to create business growth and change, demonstrated by a track record of delivering products or features with significant positive outcomes.
- Curious and proactive mindset with a bias for action.
- A passionate and enthusiastic leader who enjoys leading a team.
- A track record of improving user experiences and delivering tangible business growth through product initiatives.
- Extensive experience of working within cross-functional teams in an outcome-driven way. Comfortable with delivering at speed, learning quickly then iterating.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing user experiences and know the importance of continuous discovery, regularly engaging with your users to gather feedback and validate assumptions.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies and ways of working.
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and web development practice. You may not be from a technical background but you love learning how everything fits together and can actively participate and contribute to technical discussions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong visual and product taste, resulting in products that have the wow factor and first-class UX.
- A natural collaborator, with a strong sense of humility, who enjoys working with all areas of the business, including sales, marketing, content and data teams.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A competitive salary.
- A stake in the business, via our stock option programme, enabling you to share in the future growth and success of Motorway.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.