- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Product Management
Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a Brand Copywriter/Editor.
We help private car owners sell their car for the highest possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our 100% online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, and helped us grow to over 200 people and thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades.
About the team
This role is in our London-based marketing team, where you will be responsible for delivering on brand, customer insight driven copy that inspires and drives action to deliver commercial results. With our differentiated and highly competitive proposition creating meaningful customer value, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a leading role in defining, writing, and editing copy across multiple customer touch points. This includes writing copy to go across both sides of our two-sided marketplace for private sellers and our network of verified dealers. If unforgettable concepts, punchy headlines and emails that convert are your thing, this is a first class opportunity to make a real difference.
The role will involve:
- You’ll be the brand leader for copy and tone of voice across our execution on our website, mobile apps, CRM, customer service communications, social media, content, PR and our partnerships.
- Writing inspirational, useful and action oriented copy will be the core focus, plus at times editing copy created by third parties.
- Working with our lead creative agency partner, you’ll own/support the creation of our brand tone of voice and copy guidelines, to ensure all copy you create or edit is on-brand, customer focused and goal oriented.
- In response to clear briefs that you receive or create, you’ll develop compelling and unique copy that enhances the customer experience, is creatively strong and has clear purpose. At times quick turnarounds will be required, so an ability to deliver at pace when required will be key.
- Your copy will always be to the highest standards, well researched incorporating the right customer insight, authoritative, accurate, consistent in tone of voice and your briefs will be delivered complete and on time.
- Actively continuing to build your knowledge in the car industry and used car market, and on best-in-class copy execution outside of our industry.
- Engagement in the performance of your copy, to learn, adapt and refine for ongoing continuous improvement.
- Ensuring you have a robust customer and competitor awareness, to ensure we always remain relevant, distinct and competitive in the market.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company, to ensure optimised copy execution and a joined up holistic customer experience across all touchpoints. Optimising website copy for SEO will be a key consideration.
- A strong history of relevant brand and customer focused copy execution across the marketing mix, including different formats and customer touchpoints, with demonstrable evidence of the positive impact your copy has had in creating meaningful brands and ROI. Prior commercial brand experience preferential.
- Experience of online-only businesses and writing for the web/digital is a must. Time or interest in the car industry is ideal, but not necessarily essential, dependent upon prior relevant experience.
- As the go-to copy leader of our business, you’ll be a confident self-starter, possess a can-do attitude, and you’ll be consistently curious in the pursuit of excellence in your execution.
- Your copy will be integral in setting the strategic direction of new propositions, as well as more frequent tactical execution requirements.
- You’ll understand copy trends and contribute ideas regarding style, tone and layout across the execution to create stunning creative content.
- A multitasker who can project manage, with the ability to retain a sense of humour when the pressure’s on.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, relationship builder and stakeholder manager, with an ability to simplify complexity and take people with you. You’ll work at the most senior levels inside and outside of the business.
- Possessing a strong customer and commercial focus, you’ll be focused on driving ROI and value creation for our customers, brand and our business.
- An ability to respond to short term requests as well as planned work, prioritising your workload and managing briefs to time will be key.
- Someone who is a master of the English language, has a journalism background or relevant experience.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal opportunities statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.