- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you a technology leader and want to work for a technology-led company that is transforming an industry? Do you enjoy working in a flexible, agile environment, with core values of transparency, trust and continuous improvement, where people are first and core to how we build software?
At Motorway, individuals and teams are given the freedom and remit to set themselves up for success.
Our team culture is focussed on collaboration, and while we build primarily on node.js with a React Front End, any Engineering Manager from a technical background is welcome to apply.
Our Engineering department is going through a rapid phase of growth, and this is a great opportunity where you can shape the growing culture. Are you focussed on getting things done and putting your colleagues first? We truly live our core values of drive to win, accountability, bravery and humility.
We encourage you to apply, even if you might not meet all the requirements. You’ll be directly reporting to the Director of Engineering.
Who you are
- An Engineering Manager who embraces servant leadership principles
- View team success as your number one goal!
- Lead by example, support your team and prioritise their success above your own
- Experience in leading a high performing agile team with a history of delivery
- Lead and coached Engineers to be better every day - Kaizen! Continuous Improvement
- Expertise in agile and their adoption within teams - you’re at home looking at metrics around cycle time as well as encouraging collaboration within a team
- Lead 1-2 cross functional agile teams of engineering to develop, test and deliver high quality software using agile principles and methodologies
- Mentor and promote career growth by providing feedback, learning and development opportunities to your team
- Oversee the design, development, testing and release of features using engineering best practices
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on quality, performance, reliability, scalability & maintainability
- Own the delivery and quality of what your teams produce
- Work closely with Product Managers, in a partnership, to build the roadmaps that the teams will deliver against
- Instill excellence and continuously improve the processes, methodologies, standards and technology choices embraced by the team
- Capturing metrics and reporting to help guide continuous improvement.
- Drive design and planning activities by removing ambiguities, resolving dependent question and providing high level engineering estimates
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.