- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a talented Senior iOS Developer to join our London team.
We help private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our innovative, fully-online products have redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades. In three years we have helped 2.5 million consumers and grown to a team of over 100.
Our product-driven approach and leadership has resulted in an environment where design and UX is highly valued. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products, and change an industry.
Our key products are:
- An online marketplace for used cars whereby a seller can list their vehicle for sale and a large network of professional dealers can bid on vehicles for sale.
- Two native mobile applications with shared functionality and supporting backend infrastructure.
About the team
This role is based in our newly formed mobile team, supported by a 25-strong product development team. It’s an opportunity to join a greenfield mobile offering in a fast-growing, revenue-generating startup. You will be building amazing products with a high degree of influence.
We strive to use the latest technology available to us, we are developing in the latest SwiftUI technologies, targeting iOS 14 or greater and all that has to offer – for example AppClips.
Photos are a big part of Motorway and the native apps will be no exception, utilising a plethora of what modern iOS devices have to offer.
About the role
Focused on Swift 5+, SwiftUI 2 and associated frameworks, such as Combine you will be building out entire swathes of application functionality from the ground up. On a day to day basis you will be working with:
- A mobile lead
- Dedicated design and UX team
- Product management
- Backend development
When developing a feature, you will own that feature, from the initial build to shipping. With humility, care and respect for other peoples disciplines; the input of your expertise and experience is not only welcomed, it’s expected.
- Experience with Swift, SwiftUI and Combine, plus past experience with Objective-C and or other programming languages.
- Ability to build reusable lean frameworks, experience with Swift Package Manager, CocoaPods and or Carthage.
- Experience working with designers and implementing amazing user experiences.
- A strong understanding of what makes a great native application, with a deep appreciation of iOS platform conventions and design principles.
- A firm grasp of Xcode, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience working with version control, we use Git and GitHub.
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment.
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects.
- A degree or college-level education in computer science or technology subject is a plus.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £500 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.