- Brighton, UK
- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our innovative, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
Motorway is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having recently raised £48m in Series B funding from Index Ventures, BMW iVentures and others.
About the role
At Motorway we want our employees to be empowered to be the best they can be. With that in mind we’re looking for a Training Specialist to join our Learning & Development team, who will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of learning programmes across our sales, service and customer experience teams. You will have significant influence and impact over the delivery of training programs that will ensure our team reaches their fullest potential, whilst continuing to meet the needs and expectations of our fast growing business.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and is looking to define their career within a people-first organisation. Reporting to the Head of People, you will deliver new hire training and learning initiatives both face to face and remotely, to arm employees with the skills, knowledge and desired behaviours to deliver their best work. You will ensure our team has all the training necessary to ensure individual and team success.
We’re a values driven, results focussed business, and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us imbue this into our business through training. This is an excellent opportunity to join a brand new team, where you will have great influence as one of the first members.
- Effective creation and delivery of training programs focussing on customer service, knowledge and behaviour programmes ensuring employees can demonstrate competence across all aspects of their roles
- Devise and maintain a training calendar
- Maintain a record of training completion and follow up training where required
- Work with the relevant department Heads to coordinate and schedule training across the business as required
- Highlight and recommend training interventions based on employees performance and team requirement to the Head of People
- Identify opportunities for learning in the teams through a Training Needs Analysis
- Continuously update self on new initiatives and developments within the business in order to adapt training the moment there is a business process change
- Gather feedback and evaluate training delivered to ensure learning programmes are current.
- Act as an ambassador for learning across Motorway.
- Ability to create professional training material
- Past experience creating online learning content & tools
- Proven experience of delivering and facilitating skills, knowledge and behaviour training programs within a sales or a customer service environment.
- Ability to deliver learning in a clear, simple and engaging way.
- Take ownership and be willing to work above and beyond set expectations when required by the business
- Have a high interest in working with people and people development and a desire for continuous self learning.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work with a positive can-do attitude
- The potential to be a leader in a growing team
- A competitive salary
- BUPA health insurance
- £100 annual learning budget with access to courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Pension scheme
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week)
- The option to work remote for a full month each year
- Regular social events
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup
Equal opportunities statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.