- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi, and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We are looking for a BI Coach to help facilitate our data literacy programme. You would be guiding people at different stages of their career to become more data-driven in their role and learn how data and insight can be harnessed. The programme enables apprentices to accelerate their growth while at the same time helping businesses navigate digital transformation and use data to inform insight.
As a Data Literacy Coach, you will be responsible for your own cohort of apprentices, ensuring they develop into successful professionals. Your role will be a mixture of facilitating group and one to one coaching sessions and delivering taught workshops to support apprentices with their data and business skills development.
- The Data Literacy programme is a 13 month apprenticeship aimed at anyone who uses data in a business setting.
- The programme is designed to enable people to use data more effectively, impactfully and efficiently in their job.
- The course is delivered through a series of 11 modules and monthly coaching sessions and is focused on applied learning to build data skills, confidence and business leadership.
- Why join the Data Literacy Team
You will be joining a passionate, pioneering, small but rapidly growing team made up of unique individuals from business and analytics experts to scientists and PhD graduates. You will be surrounded by a group of coaches with distinctive skills and interests that promote knowledge sharing and supporting each other. The team is brought together by a common vision of striving for equal access and opportunity to the best careers in business.
What you bring
- Passion for data and the opportunity to share the power of its use in a business setting.
- Strong communication skills honed from experience in hosting and facilitating group discussions.
- Desire to have a positive impact in developing others.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Prior experience in using Excel and/or PowerBI.
- Prior experience in teaching, tutoring, knowledge sharing or training others.
- Prior experience in developing others through advising, supervising, coaching, mentoring or managing individuals.
- Prior experience in using data in business and commercial settings to drive decisions
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Equity Options
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently