- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup on a mission and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our unique apprenticeships serve as an alternative to the traditional college and university system. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
- 2021 is going to be big
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the UK, but also launching our programs in the US this spring. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it’s the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
We have also taken a bold step forward by changing our name from WhiteHat to Multiverse. The inspiration for WhiteHat came from computer hacking for good. While we spent four successful years hacking the system, we were only just getting started. Inspired by the theory that there’s an infinite number of alternative universes, our new name, Multiverse, communicates our belief in launching limitless possibilities.
We have just launched our first international office in NYC and are looking for exceptional individuals to join our delivery team as coaches. As our Data coach, you will be responsible for delivering our Data Fellowship curriculum, working with highly engaged individuals as they start their career in data.
Your role will be a mixture of small group workshops and bootcamps plus one to one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders. If you have drive, ambition and are excited by being part of growing our US business, then come join us!
- (Note: this role can be based remotely anywhere in the US)
- What does the program I would be teaching look like?
Great question! You will be delivering a Data Analyst program. The topics you will teach will progress through the program, starting with the data analytics fundamentals such as Excel, SQL and visualisations with Tableau, to teaching more advanced data topics such as Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Python and R.
What you bring
- You have a passion for all things data analytics and data science
- You might be a teacher who loves data and is looking for a new challenge
- You might be finishing up your PhD and have loved being a lab or teaching assistant
- You might be a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for development or wanting to share your knowledge to the next generation!
- You believe passionately in social mobility and equity
What’s in it for you?
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.