- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Senior Product Designer - Remote (USA), Hybrid or office-based
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We need you to contribute to the future direction of our Multiverse product to ensure we are continually challenging who gets access to the best careers. We are building a product that supports people at different stages of their career, from those just starting out to those who have already built and established themselves.
You’ll be working to lead design on the Client Experience Product, which is a new squad looking to solve problems around onboarding and retention for clients, working closely with the Go to Market teams. No two days at Multiverse are the same, so we need someone who is comfortable with the unknown unknowns. On top of that we’re looking for an all rounder who is equally as happy working on research and usability as they are designing solutions for internal and external users of our product. If you are inquisitive about the ‘why’ we do things, you live to prove and disprove hypotheses and you’re keen to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment, we’d love for you to join us during this exciting growth phase.
Once here, you will be
- Designing products and features that are world-class
- Creating and refining personas through user research and data
- Conducting concept and usability testing and gathering feedback
- Developing wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Finding creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Identifying a balance between ‘the right way to do things’ and the ‘right now we need to do things this way’ to achieve our goals
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to the engineers
- Contributing to a growing Design System and design process
- Keeping abreast of competitor product and industry trends
What you bring
- You’ve got an understanding of UX principles and methodologies
- You have proven experience as a Senior Product Designer, UX designer, UI designer or similar with a strong portfolio of design projects
- You understand how to manage change, from identifying a problem to how to solve it
- You’re familiar with interaction design and information architecture
- You’re comfortable and able to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- You work effectively in a collaborative environment and are comfortable with the nature of change within a growing organization
- You’re proficient in design software (we’re using Figma)
- You are happy to move between focussing on user experience and research with creating design solutions
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission. As such, we’ve launched a 3 pillar Inclusion & Diversity strategy encompassing recruitment, development and culture so that we’re intentional about inclusion as we grow. Yes, we’re an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member and our apprentice community.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently