- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
Apprenticeship Compliance Quality Assurance Senior Executive
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about process and quality assurance: a leader who is excited by the opportunity to lead on ensuring Multiverse delivers an outstanding alternative to university that is also fully compliant with Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) regulations.
The work of the Compliance team is absolutely critical to the success of the Multiverse mission and you’ll be at the heart of it: setting the standard for quality, conducting assurance and audit spot checks and reviews, and advising and supporting the enablement team to solve a variety of the most complex apprenticeship funding questions. You’ll identify compliance gaps in our processes and lead improvement projects to address these, creating a world-class system that secures excellent outcomes.
What you will do:
- Interpret ESFA funding rules in relation to apprentices and advise across the business to ensure compliance and assess risk.
- Identify and respond to changes in the statutory requirements for the ILR, assessing impact and communicating changes across the business
- Support the work of the Compliance Operations team across a variety of data submission tasks, including supporting on projects to make improvements to process or to identify opportunities to make systems more efficient
- Support the enablement team to consistently identify compliant solutions for issues that are raised by the Sales and Delivery teams
- Support enablement team to resolve ILR Dlocks, using learnings to inform process improvements
- Conduct regular quality assurance and audit preparation activity, including evidence packs spot checks, review of document templates and evaluation of processes
- Work closely with the Learning, Innovation and Operations team and external partners involved in the delivery of apprenticeship programmes to provide guidance on statutory requirements and support for new apprenticeships delivery
- Prepare reports and analysis for Senior Managers on apprenticeship compliance and funding, identifying any impact or risks as well as potential solutions/ improvements
- Keep abreast of current issues and policies relating to apprenticeships and funding issues, including the analysis and interpretation of complex supporting and technical documentation from the ESFA and other sources. Regularly share this knowledge, in a way that is accessible to those without technical knowledge of the funding rules
What you bring:
- You have experience of working with a large student records system in a higher or further education environment. Ideally, experience of working with apprentice data and using MISIS systems (e.g. PICS)
- You have experience of working with the Individualised Learner Return for apprenticeships, including submission and reconciliation of data
- You have an understanding of funding systems in higher or further education - ideally with knowledge of ESFA Funding Rules for apprenticeships
- You are data driven; able to manage multiple data sources and quickly collate information to provide insightful analysis and spot gaps or areas for improvement.
- You will have experience of improving efficiency and effectiveness in the use of resources and achievement of outcomes, and a strong track record of supporting high-performing teams
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and quickly build strong relationships. You utilise these skills as part of a proactive, motivated approach – operating with urgency and prioritise work accordingly as well as collaborating cross-functionally to achieve optimised results
- You are comfortable working in a change-oriented, sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with a proven ability to work quickly and methodically to tight deadlines, high volumes and high expectations on productivity.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity options
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently