- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We’re looking for a Candidate Engagement Lead to engage and convert candidates in our candidate pool.
With deep expertise in driving customer conversion through segmented communications strategies, and excited to take on a broader and more diverse role, the Candidate Engagement Lead will design and execute an engagement strategy that converts candidates whilst also preparing them to thrive at interview. This includes pushing them through the Admissions funnel, and then mobilising them to apply for roles once they’ve successfully completed the Admissions process.
The Multiverse Admissions process assesses candidate potential and suitability for a Multiverse apprenticeship, using a range of digital and human-led assessment tools. Once a candidate successfully completes the Admissions process, they enter the ‘approved’ candidate pool; where they remain until roles come up that they want to apply for. This role covers candidate engagement throughout the Admissions process and when they’re in the approved pool.
The Candidate Engagement Lead will be responsible for maintaining the engagement of candidates, encouraging re-engagement and speed of progress through the funnel, then providing opportunities for them to upskill whilst they await their dream role, and exciting them to apply for incredible roles when they come up.
What you’ll focus on
Candidate Engagement Strategy
- Design and deliver a multi-channel engagement strategy to engage and convert candidates who have started the application process for a Multiverse apprenticeship. The strategy will have a strong bias towards engaging, segmented communications, but will also likely include other diverse engagement activities that help candidates prepare for and excel at interview e.g. upskill workshops and support content
- Continually assess and iterate on all activity and ensure performance against key metrics
- Data owner for the approved pool - you will know the health and demographics of the pool inside out, including how likely they are to convert
- Using this insight you will influence when we need to acquire more candidates into the pool to meet demand
- Design a health measure for the pool, comprising multiple metrics (demographic and behavioural) that demonstrate how likely candidates in the pool are to convert
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on the health of the pool across the business
What you’ll bring
- A proven track record in designing and implementing customer conversion or re-engagement-focussed segmented communications strategies
- Experience working, and delivering excellent results, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working with CRM tools e.g. Iterable to design and deliver highly engaging customer communications
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and email best practice (deliverability, GDPR etc)
- Proven track record of setting strategy and optimising activity towards key metrics, can think beyond the day-to-day task and think ‘what’s going to truly make a difference to the metrics?’
- Strategic thinking and growth mindset - constantly looking for opportunities to improve, scale, and innovate
- A passion for delivering a world-class customer experience
- Experience in analysis of large data sets and data manipulation - in Excel/Google Sheets and data visualisation tools (Tableau etc)
- Proactive mindset with regard to spotting opportunities and acting quickly upon them
- Commercially astute. Understands how to track marketing and CRM activity and prove the commercial value.
- Excited by the opportunity to bring your marketing skills to a broader and more diverse role where you’re able to design engagement tactics that sit outside of the communications space
- Highly collaborative and consultative
- Comfortable working with ambiguity; a creative and innovative self-starter
- Happy to roll with the punches - we expect you to have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dive-in attitude all the time. This is a startup: your scope will change and stretch.
- Comfortable, experienced in, and motivated by working with high-expectations stakeholders who move at pace, especially where meeting goals is a question of how and not whether; you are able to earn trust and retain it through difficult situations
- High internal expectations for what is possible and the ability to bring others along on that journey
- Passionate about social and economic mobility and the goal of ensuring that all candidates have equitable access to apprenticeship opportunities
What’s in it for you?
- Equity options
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with weekly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently