- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, on a mission to create an alternative to the traditional college and university system, and a radically better approach to corporate training. At the heart of our work is professional apprenticeships: applied learning, delivered alongside a day job and with exceptional 1:1 coaching to achieve impact in the real world, in real time. We work with businesses to help them embrace digital transformation, and offer high-quality apprenticeships and training to young people and those wanting to upskill.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft. Our footprint in the US is rapidly growing, with equally impressive clients as our partners.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in Europe,and we take our culture and people seriously. Get to know our values, and you’ll understand how we work.
2021 is going to be big
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the U.K., but also launching our programmes in the US. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it’s the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
We have also taken a bold step forward by changing our name from WhiteHat to Multiverse. The inspiration for WhiteHat came from computer hacking for good. While we spent four successful years hacking the system, we were only just getting started. Inspired by the theory that there’s an infinite number of alternative universes, our new name, Multiverse, communicates our belief in launching limitless possibilities.
The People Operations team is responsible for handling all of the regular HR tasks in the employee journey, from preboarding to offboarding, while keeping the focus on employee satisfaction, development and well-being. As we scale the People Operations function is critical to the success for Multiverse.
We are looking for a People Operations Executive to join the team and support building an excellent People Operations function at scale. You will possess solid HR administration experience with experience of managing and owning all new starter administration, compliance, and benefit administration. You will be a detailed focus individual that is operationally skilled at executing processes and procedures to an excellent standard. You will take accountability and have a mindset of continual development of our processes and yourself. You will bring a wider HR understanding so that you can see the bigger picture when making changes and manage the full impact of changes on related processes and stakeholder groups.
This role will be integral in taking a great candidate experience to an excellent employee experience.
- Deliver and manage the pre boarding administration experience and process for all new Multiverse employees
- Deliver and manager compliance for all new starters including right to work checks, background checks, references, DBS and other due diligence checks
- Maintain and review all background checks
- Maintain and administer our benefits packages
- Manage all contracts (IR35 process, agency terms, T&C support etc)
- Support with Company inductions
- Keep our online company handbook up to date (Wiki)
- Act as the point of contact for all employees
- Manage off boarding process
About you and your skills:
- Hugely emotionally intelligent
- Great attention to detail
- Well organised with a methodical approach to admin
- Open mindset to change - Multiverse are constantly growing and developing new processes so we need someone who is flexible and adaptable
- Strong communication skills
- Creative mindset - we are open for constant feedback
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Honest, ethical, dependable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
To be a successful candidate you must have:
- Proven work experience as an HR coordinator/Admin/Officer or in a relevant HR role
- Experience with HRIS and ATS (preferably Hibob)
- Good knowledge of employee government legislation
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts and confidentiality act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethics
- Confidential approach to all areas of work
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with weekly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.