- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi, and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest-ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
The People Operations team is responsible for handling all of the regular HR tasks in the employee journey, from preboarding to offboarding, while keeping the focus on employee satisfaction, development and well-being. As we scale the People Operations function is critical to the success for Multiverse.
We are looking for a People Operations Executive to join the team and support building an excellent People Operations function at scale. You will possess solid HR administration experience with experience of managing and owning all new starter administration, compliance, and benefit administration. You will be a detailed focus individual that is operationally skilled at executing processes and procedures to an excellent standard. You will take accountability and have a mindset of continual development of our processes and yourself. You will bring a wider HR understanding so that you can see the bigger picture when making changes and manage the full impact of changes on related processes and stakeholder groups.
This role will be integral in taking a great candidate experience to an excellent employee experience.
- Deliver and manage the pre boarding administration experience and process for all new Multiverse employees
- Deliver and manage compliance for all new starters including right to work checks, background checks, references, DBS and other due diligence checks
- Maintain and review all background checks
- Maintain and administer our benefits packages
- Manage all contracts (IR35 process, agency terms, T&C support etc)
- Support with Company inductions
- Keep our online company handbook up to date (Wiki)
- Act as the point of contact for all employees
- Manage off boarding process
About you and your skills:
- Hugely emotionally intelligent
- Great attention to detail
- Well organised with a methodical approach to admin
- Open mindset to change - Multiverse are constantly growing and developing new processes so we need someone who is flexible and adaptable
- Strong communication skills
- Creative mindset - we are open for constant feedback
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Honest, ethical, dependable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
To be a successful candidate you must have:
- Proven work experience as an HR coordinator/Admin/Officer or in a relevant HR role
- Experience with HRIS and ATS (preferably Hibob)
- Good knowledge of employee government legislation
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts and confidentiality act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethics
- Confidential approach to all areas of work
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with weekly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.