- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Applications
One of Multiverse’s USPs is how we find and assess potential in order to democratize access to the best careers. This work is the domain of the newly formed central Admissions team.
This newly formed Admissions team is growing from strength to strength and we are looking for an experienced Admissions leader to build and lead the US team. The Admissions Director will oversee all US Admissions operations, including the established Candidate Assessment and Early Talent teams, and work closely with our global Operations and candidate lifecycle teams.
The Admissions Director will bring the leadership, strategic process, and Admissions expertise required to build an exceptional candidate experience and Admissions team to take the business on our growth journey. With deep expertise in education, application design, and Admissions management, the Admissions Director will lead a growing team to ensure that Multiverse can deliver on its mission, at scale, to democratize access to the best careers and identify potential.
We are out to ensure that our Admissions team identifies potential and predicts performance -- using data to get a true view of candidates, not replicating shortcuts that bias toward traditional profiles. You will lead on all Admissions and candidate experience operations and strategies in the US, improving existing initiatives, and devising new strategies to increase the pool of incredible talent for our customers and programs and solidify our USP in this area.
The ideal candidate will have scaled an organisation at a high growth company, have significant management and leadership experience and look to strike the right balance between people, process and technology and have a passion for expanding access to great jobs across underrepresented groups.
The Candidate Assessment team assess candidate suitability for our apprenticeships; both young adults using an apprenticeship instead of a four-year college degree to kickstart professional careers, and established professionals looking to up/reskill whilst already in a role
The Early Talent team is composed of specialist strategic recruiters who prepare and match young adult candidates to roles and apprenticeships with our clients; 300+ of the best companies in the world
- Lead & inspire a team of talented assessment, recruitment, operations, and lifecycle marketing professionals whose focus is to deliver exceptional candidate and client experience to deliver against the Multiverse Admissions vision and strategy in the US
- Grow the US Admissions team to ensure you have the right resource (volume, skillset, leadership) to keep pace with rapid organizational growth
- Set and maintain a culture of high performance, recognition, accountability, and fun
- Bring your Candidate Experience/Admissions expertise & leadership to deepen the team’s impact
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the way we deliver against our vision and realize our USP
- Provide thought leadership around Admissions both internally and externally, acting as a true ambassador for Multiverse and Admissions in the US
- Effectively represent and elevate the work of the Admissions team to other parts of the business, and ensure effective interfaces with other teams
- Collaborate closely with UK and Global Admissions team, bringing unique insights and perspectives
- Work with your team to set and deliver against quarterly OKRs, balancing longer-term strategic initiatives and immediate business improvement initiatives
- Report on the performance of the US Admissions function to the VP Admissions and wider Multiverse SLT
- Set the standard for all Admissions US work, overseeing all initiatives and operations, taking a strong analytical approach to identify and enabling improvements
- Develop systems and processes that are optimized for rapid growth and scale, improving team productivity and efficiency
- Propose and manage team budgets, headcount, and resources
- Partner closely with our Product and Tech teams, acting as the subject matter expert for product design considerations
- Work with the ProdTech and Data teams to establish critical measurements and monitor trends that determine the quality and effectiveness of our strategies, processes, and systems
- Work with the Go To Market team to understand the forecast and ensure you have the right people in the right place to deliver against anticipated demand (capacity planning & resource management)
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure we are acquiring the right candidates (location, demographics, competencies, etc) at the top of the funnel to satisfy demand
- You have held senior leadership positions in a scaling organization
- You have deep Admissions expertise (ideally both assessment and early talent recruitment) gained through working in education, assessment or the private sector
- You are passionate about social and economic mobility and the goal of ensuring that all candidates have equitable access to apprenticeship opportunities. You have empathy for the candidate journey and a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You can work with limited resources but you also have experience of managing budgets and can point to examples of how you have delivered significant ROI for the business
- You are an impactful leader with demonstrable experience creating scalable processes that prioritize user experience and efficiency
- You will have management experience of both small and large teams. You inspire your team to deliver exceptional quality work and deliver results by setting a vision and strategy and then leading from the front. You enjoy developing others and have built high performing teams
- You are strategic and a fast decision maker; you identify root issues and are exceptional at tackling them with root fixes; the ability to do this at scale is critical
- You are a highly data driven individual; you lead with data and are comfortable demonstrating the value to the business of projects and your initiative
- You love to work at pace - you have unreasonable expectations for what is possible and you make it happen; you know what matters and what doesn’t; you don’t overcomplicate
- You have a positive-sum mentality - you’re equally excited about both rolling up your sleeves to get something done and reflecting on our admissions strategy and the big picture
- You are comfortable, experienced in, and motivated by working with high-expectations stakeholders who move at pace, especially where meeting goals is a question of how and not whether; you are able to earn trust and retain it through difficult situations
- You have high internal expectations for what is possible and the ability to bring others along on that journey
- You care deeply about our mission and embody our values in all that you do
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
Multiverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Multiverse will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Multiverse requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious benefits on an individualized basis.