- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Business Applications
Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
At Multiverse we deliver a range of apprenticeships, from Digital Marketing at Google to Leadership & Management at Westminster City Council. In order to ensure all apprentices are equipped with the skills they need, apprentices who don’t have GCSEs in Maths and/or English work towards successfully completing their Functional Skills Level 2 qualifications alongside their apprenticeship.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated manager who will develop and manage our Functional Skills team. As someone who is passionate about both people and process you will work with an established but growing team to drive innovation and ensure apprentices have an exceptional level of Functional Skills support which allows them to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will lead the Functional Skills team as we build on our foundations to deliver industry-leading content to the apprentice body. You will be passionate about the Multiverse values as well as developing the Maths and English skills of our apprentices.
If you would like to join a fast growing exciting company and be part of a fresh learning approach we would love to hear from you.
In this Role you will:
- Manage the Functional skills team (currently 1 member, increasing to 2 this quarter and 4 in the next 6 months)
- Lead the team as they develop & iterate a Maths curriculum that is sector-leading, and delivers exceptional outcomes for apprentices
- Review initial assessment data to determine level of support required for each apprentice
- If required, deliver excellent and engaging sessions to individuals and groups (primarily for Maths qualifications). Each apprentice will attend 8 of your sessions before going forward to the exam
- Train with us to become an assessor for the English Functional Skills Speaking & Listening assessment
- Build an understanding of international qualification equivalencies and support the Functional Skills team with processes regarding qualification compliance
- Contribute accordingly to improve the overall performance of the team
- Work with the On-Programme Team to improve the apprentice experience constantly striving to improve the standard of delivery
- Proactively engage with performance management of your team
- Review the Functional Skills data weekly to ensure that the team are meeting their targets and apprentices are within the programme timelines
- You love teaching and ideally have experience teaching Maths up to GCSE (Level 2) and are able to deliver English (Level 2)
- You will have experience of managing and leading teams in a fast-paced environment with experience of improving efficiency and effectiveness in the use of resources and achievement of outcomes
- You will be responsible for managing the allocation of duties, for maintaining and improving the service delivered to Multiverse coaches and apprentices alike.
- You are tenacious and prepared to go above and beyond to deliver an exceptional learning experience to apprentices
- You are data driven; able to manage multiple data sources and quickly collate information to provide insightful analysis and spot capacity gaps
- You are highly organised. You have a track record of organising and maintaining documentation and are able to coordinate and execute at scale
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and quickly build strong relationships
- You have a proven track record in achieving outcomes and demonstrating success
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Hybrid working model
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently