- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
We’re looking for an Operations and Special Projects Lead for the Learning, Innovation and Operations business within Multiverse. This part of the business comprises a wide range of people and functions including all of our coaching teams; our learning products and learning design teams; our operations teams; data and insight; and the advanced programmes team, which works on Bachelor’s degree apprenticeships. This role works closely with the VP of Learning, Innovation and Operations and is core to delving into key challenges, driving the right conversations and decisions for the business, and informing strategy and approach as the business grows.
- The Operations and Special Projects Lead is a key hire, helping to set the agenda, keep people focused on the right things and demystify situations, options and decisions so that all aspects of Learning, Innovations and Operations continue to be excellent. The Operations and Special Project Lead sits on the Senior Leadership team for LIO and is a highly dynamic role. It is an opportunity to be part of, contribute to and learn from one of the most exciting organisations in our time.
- The right candidate for this role needs to be completely aligned with our values,an exceptional representative of Multiverse and the VP of LIO, incredibly professional and discreet and a team player through and through. There are several areas where this role will make a significant contribution to building and growing Multiverse:
- Strategic projects that provide clarity on the direction of our learning, our products and our operations, such as market research on technical features and competitors to inform development of our LMS; or research and recommendations for how to drive perceived credential value in a MV apprenticeship
- Operational projects that set us up for success as we grow, such as evaluating programme team structures and leadership responsibilities to consider the right ways to organise our teams; identifying game-changing key levers to improve delivery quality; and determining what about our product set will be the same or different in a new market
- Partnering with the VP of Learning, Innovation and Operations to set the agenda for the LIO senior leadership team and ensure the team’s time is used as strategically as possible
- Supporting the VP of LIO in a people development capacity, becoming a partner in how we bring along the entire organisation from a development perspective, identifying key skill gaps and creating opportunities for highly effective training and development
- This is very much an “and other things as needed” type of role -- at the heart of key decisions, our growth and iteration at pace.
- Key responsibilities: ensure that we meet all of our OKRs and plan and execute effectively for the future and as we grow; ensure that our culture is strong and supports growth and development
- You are highly values-aligned to Multiverse; you bring an incredibly positive, solution-oriented mindset
- You bring an analytical skillset and thinking, and the ability to distill down information, identify root issues, create frameworks, and propose clear solutions; you are data- and evidence-driven in everything you do; and you are exceptional at right-sizing problems and solutions and not overcomplicating things; analysis and consulting skillset required
- You come from an operational background; experience in an operational role is a must
- You have the ability to be incredibly professional and discreet, as you will have access to unusual information about what is happening in the org and with people
- Partnership: you are exceptional at partnering with others on projects, building collective buy in and getting others to be motivated to do things; your experience will include client-facing or client-service type roles where you have delivered in a fast-paced environment and by learning and meeting your clients’ needs
- You are results-focused and bring excellence to everything you do: you get stuff done, at high quality and always on time; your experience will include being an influential part of a fast-paced scale-up that has rapidly grown and defined a sector
- Reliability: you are reliable like gravity, 100% consistent and dependable
- Highly strategic: able to simplify complex things and identify key levers; an uncanny ability to right size complex solutions for complex things and simple solutions where possible
- Humble: you are willing to roll up your sleeves wherever needed
- You are a great communicator all around -- in writing, orally and in presentations/decks; strong slide-making skills high desired
- You are incredibly resilient and adaptive: things change fast in our world; you have worked in an organization that has had to reinvent itself
- You are in the top .5% of people for willingness to learn: you will work very close to the VP LIO and in the learning heart of the organisation; you will be someone who has absolutely sponged up growth opportunities and who sees this as a unique platform to learn from world-class leadership in an organization that is redefining what is possible in education and training
- You are passionate about our mission through and through
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently