- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We’re looking for an Operations Enablement Lead to ensure we have the processes and data in place in Admissions to deliver excellence and efficiency at scale.
With a passion for creating structure, clarity and efficiency that enables rapid growth, the Operations Enablement Lead (Admissions) will define and implement new ways of working that enable the Admissions team to deliver more effectively and enjoyably.
The Admissions team sits at the heart of the Multiverse mission; assessing and matching candidates to life-changing apprenticeship opportunities. The Admissions team consists of the Assessment team (assessing candidate suitability for our apprenticeships) and the Early Talent team (a specialist recruitment team who match candidates to roles with some of the best companies in the world). The team works across multiple platforms and with multiple data sets on a daily basis.
The Operations Enablement Lead (Admissions) will work across the breadth of the Admissions team to ensure access to the right data and insight at the right time, whilst also defining and implementing the processes that enable scale and success.
What you’ll focus on
- Reviewing current processes and ways of working across the team and defining better ways of doing things
- Team enablement - getting buy-in for new ways of doing things and delivering training to ensure the team can confidently adopt new processes
- You’ll be the expert in Admissions data - knowing what we have access to and where and supporting the team in accessing the data they need to make the right decisions and deliver impact in their roles
- Identifying issues or gaps in our current data and working in close collaboration with the Data and Insights and Product teams to build visibility where we don’t currently have it
- You’ll own data monitoring, analysis and reporting for all Admissions KPIs, regularly reporting to Admissions leadership.
Forecasting & resource management
- You will work with the Go To Market (Sales) team to improve our forecast visibility; critical to our ability to resource the team and deliver excellence for our candidates and clients
- You will own the forecast reporting process, acting as the key interface between Go To Market, Admissions and Marketing
- You will establish a way to monitor resource across the Admissions team & owning the resource management and deal allocation process
You will pick up and lead on other special projects that come up in the team and have a strong process or data element to them
What you’ll bring
- A strong track record in operations, process design, enablement and data in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organisation
- A highly methodical and organised approach to your work
- The ability to learn quickly in an often ambiguous environment, creating structure and process where it doesn’t currently exist
- Confidence dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- A logical systems-driven thinker who looks for the simplest way to do and communicate
- You are passionate about equipping teams with the data-derived insights they need to make informed decisions and scale their impact
- A high level of data literacy; comfortable interpreting large data sets and identifying gaps in our data infrastructure
- Experience working with data and insights teams to build new data visualisation tools
- Experience working with Product teams to ensure we’re collecting the right data
- A passion for training and enabling those around you - a clear, confident and compelling communicator who is able to build consensus and get people excited about new ways of doing things
- Line management experience is desirable
- Proactive mindset with regard to spotting opportunities and acting quickly upon them
- Commercially astute
- Strategic thinking and growth mindset - constantly looking for opportunities to improve, scale, and innovate
- Happy to roll with the punches - we expect you to have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dive-in attitude all the time. This is a startup: your scope will change and stretch.
- Comfortable, experienced in, and motivated by working with high-expectations stakeholders who move at pace, especially where meeting goals is a question of how and not whether; you are able to earn trust and retain it through difficult situations
- High internal expectations for what is possible and the ability to bring others along on that journey
- Passionate about social and economic mobility and the goal of ensuring that all candidates have equitable access to apprenticeship opportunities
What’s in it for you?
- Equity options
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with weekly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently