- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
About the job
As a Trainee Project Management Coach you will join our Multiverse Academy to train as a coach and facilitator and build your subject knowledge over 3 months.
Your training will include:
- Shadowing our existing coaches to see how they facilitate group training sessions and coach one-to-one and in small groups.
- Learning core skills that will make you successful in the role e.g. using data to support apprentice progress, managing your time and building relationships.
- Building your brand as a Project Management Coach so you can deliver confidently and credibly to apprentices.
Once completing your training, you will graduate from the Academy as a fully-fledged Project Management Coach in our Project Management Programme team and start working with your group of 40 apprentices!
The Project Management Coach role is an incredibly rewarding role where you will be instrumental in developing your apprentices to become the next generation of changemakers in their organisations.
Our Project Management programme is delivered over 15 months across 10 modules. In each module you’ll be delivering a mixture of group workshops, one to one and small group coaching sessions. Apprentices will also undertake an exam through Association of Project Management (APM) to achieve their Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
- You have some experience of managing projects or programmes within the workplace (formal PM qualifications not needed). Projects could be a part of your day-to-day role or something you do on a more cyclical basis (e.g. annual staff survey, end of quarter audit etc)
- You know what it’s like to navigate your way around an organisation and the common challenges faced in the workplace.
- You can show your passion for developing yourself and others - your CV should show a story of continuous personal development and how you help develop others through activities such as mentoring.
- Some experience of facilitating groups would be advantageous but not essential.
- You believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent
The good stuff
- 27 holiday days (three are used for our December switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (think birthdays, moving days, or getting a puppy days)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Flexible, hybrid working with weekly or monthly office visits
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- All in one mental health support from Spill
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and so much more!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.