- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup on a mission and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our unique apprenticeships serve as an alternative to the traditional college and university system. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
We are expanding rapidly in the US and UK, and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
- We have big plans for expansion
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the U.K. and in the US. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it’s the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
You’ll help define how the world approaches their careers - and help create the most amazing learning experience for our apprentices.
We need you to help drive the future direction of our Apprenticeship Experience product to ensure we are continually challenging how people best learn on the job. We are building a product that supports people at different stages of their career, from those just starting out to those who have already built and established themselves.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a squad comprised of engineers, a designer, and a researcher to help create the ‘home for apprenticeships’. No two days at Multiverse are the same, so we need someone who is comfortable with the unknown unknowns. On top of that, we want someone who will be passionate about building structure and process into our growing team in a way that doesn’t hold us back from achieving our goals.
Once here, you will be
- Articulating the 3- 6 month product vision to the ProdTech and wider team
- Writing epics and user stories in collaboration with design and engineering
- Maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog
- Tracking releases and sharing development updates with the wider team
- Participating in team ceremonies (stand up, retrospectives)
- Supporting designers and engineers with any questions they have
What you bring
- You care about the outcome - not just the output
- You have experience working on platform products - ideally in a learning space
- You’ve worked with teams who’ve utilised Scrum or Kanban frameworks
- You’re comfortable collaborating with our UX researcher, designers and engineering team, ensuring involvement and communication happens at the right time
- You’re experienced with backlog management and involvement in the research, design and engineering stages of product development
- You’ve got strong stakeholder management skills with experience in prioritisation and setting a clear vision for the team
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
- Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission.
As such, we’ve launched a 3 pillar Inclusion & Diversity strategy encompassing recruitment, development and culture so that we’re intentional about inclusion as we grow. Yes, we’re an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member and our apprentice community.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.