- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We are looking for a creative, self-starter with 4+ years experience of event planning and management of both in person and virtual events, to deliver engaging events for our apprentice community. This role will focus on localising our global events strategy for the US market and designing and delivering global events that support apprentice members to build their network and sense of belonging and shared identity within the Community. This will include monthly Networking events, regional and global graduations, bespoke events for Alumni, signature events like Hackathons & end of year celebrations, and lots more to be designed by the right candidate!
- As a creative problem solver you will conceptualise and deliver exceptional in-event experience, compelling communications and perceptive insights.
- Manage all elements of your events from inception to evaluation including aspects such as budget, venue, logistics, software, promotion and email communications
- Lead on delivery of networking, alumni and signature events for our members, including problem-solving on the day, welcoming guests, communicating with apprentices and support staff, organising vendors and troubleshooting software issues
- Work with US Community Manager to localize global events and propose bespoke events for regional US audiences.
- Regularly outreach, build and nurture relationships with potential event speakers, facilitators, venues and partners
- Consult with key stakeholders (Apprentices, Coaches, Sales team, Community team etc) to regularly reflect on whether the Multiverse event proposition is delivering value for apprentices, coaches and clients.
- Regularly drive innovation within the team, spotting opportunities to improve event processes and providing solutions and ideas
- Regularly report on the success of events by managing post-event reporting and feedback gathering, analysing data and making data and insight-led recommendations for optimisation
- Work with the content manager to write and create content to promote the different event opportunities
- Contributing to overall Community and Multiverse success by sharing ideas, working cross functionally, and representing community in the wider business or externally
Skills and Requirements
- 4 + years online and in-person event management experience
- Experience independently designing, delivering and growing highly engaging and memorable, innovative strategic event series that build a sense of belonging (ie. networking, culture or brand events)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple events and projects simultaneously. Comfortable under pressure and with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills which you are able to vary according to audience, e.g apprentice community, Multiverse team and clients
- Exceptional planning skills - anticipating for various scenarios and managing last minute changes seamlessly
- Highly collaborative - this role will work closely with individuals across the business and the right candidate will be experienced and comfortable collaborating in remote and in-person environments
- A creative problem-solver; excited by the prospect of identifying and tackling the biggest challenges with quick, innovative solutions and a can-do attitude
- An enthusiasm for user-centred design and creating transformational experiences for community members
- An analytical and strategic mindset - always looking for ways to learn and improve
- A bias for action and desire to adopt an experimental approach to delivery
- Competence and empathy in working with diverse individuals
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
Multiverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Multiverse will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.