- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to the boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
Community Programmes Associate: £23K-27K
Building a pioneering community offer and experience for all of our apprentices will be critical to the success of the business. The Multiverse Community provides transformational experiences that enable members to build lasting personal and professional connections and access opportunities to develop skills and realise their potential as part of a culture of life-long learning and commitment to growth.
Multiverse Community Development Programmes are opportunities for members to invest in their growth over a prolonged period of time, alongside their apprenticeship. Typically 1-6 months in length, they incorporate training and skills development opportunities, a cohort-approach which enables the formation of strong bonds, high impact and exclusive benefits. In return for this investment in their growth, Programme participants typically become our strongest advocates and Community contributors. Current Programmes include our flagship Mentoring Programme, Buddy Scheme and new personal and professional development programme, Elevate.
Multiverse Community Networks bring together members with shared identity & experiences, to connect and be supported to achieve their goals. Led by apprentices, these groups are supported by the Community Team to deliver a programme of exclusive events, content and opportunities, that will enable members to thrive.
We are looking for a self starter with 1-2 years experience of building programmes and empowering others to lead. The Community Programmes Associate will work closely with the Community Programmes Manager to manage existing Development Programmes and Networks, and build processes to enable us to continue to grow and expand these parts of the Community offer for apprentices. In particular, this role will require getting to know and understand our diverse community well, enabling us to understand the types of support and opportunities our apprentices are looking for.
- Manage the end to end delivery and growth of key Development Programmes offered by the Community to its members e.g. the Buddy Scheme
- Work with the apprentice Network Chairs to guide their planning and delivery of Networks’ engagement, e.g. technical support for events, tools and templates to empower them, guidance and training, facilitation for face to face activity
- Provide ongoing support to the Network Chairs during their tenure, designing and delivering incentives and exclusive opportunities, including support for ending their tenure and securing of and handover to new Network Chairs
- Support with evaluating new Network proposals and guiding apprentices through the new Network set up process
- Provide support and coordination across the wider Community Programmes Team, including communications and marketing, data management and analysis, planning delivery of bespoke events and workshops and organising incentives
- Regularly evaluate and propose Programme improvements using evaluation tools and methodologies
- Contribute to proposals for new Programmes (based on user insight and data) with the Community Programme Manager, including coordinating stakeholder input
- Build relationships with a range of apprentices so that you can regularly listen to the community ensuring that programmes and networks reflect their ambitions and goals
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve and build our Programmes offering, working in close collaboration with the wider Community Team as well as identifying areas of alignment with the wider business
Skills and Requirements
- 1-2 years project or programme management experience, ideally within a community, start up or education setting
- Experience designing, delivering and growing high-value, innovative programmes
- Highly organised with exceptional planning skills - the ability to juggle priorities across numerous projects, anticipate challenges and adapt quickly to change
- Comfortable planning and delivering in person and virtual events, training and other opportunities
- An ability to think outside of the box, using data and insight alongside your creativity to develop solutions and deliver impact
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, you will be a highly collaborative team player who can quickly develop strong and effective relationships with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which you are able to vary and tailor to engage different audiences effectively e.g. the apprentice Community, Multiverse teams and clients
- Excellent volunteer management and influencing skills - you will work with apprentices from across the community, supporting them to succeed
- An appetite for work & bias for action - we are a relatively small team with big ambitions
- A passion for community building and an excitement for what Multiverse is doing!
- Equity. One of our core values is “we are all owners” so we make sure everyone has a piece of the pie.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up.
- Pension scheme.
- Perkbox benefits, for everything from phone insurance to gym membership.
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in.
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics).
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently