- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi, and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest-ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
Are you a teacher wanting to take your skills into the commercial world? Are you in the industry and really enjoy training others to develop their skills? Are you looking to focus on coaching and mentorship in the next stage of your career? Do you enjoy working with Data, BI, or digital transformation and have a desire to pass on your experience and knowledge to others?
Then we have the right role for you…
As an Associate Coach, you will develop both your technical, coaching, and teaching skills over 3 months as part of our Multiverse Coach Academy. You will have the opportunity to shadow our existing coaches to see how they deliver, learn our curriculum, and get involved in interacting and meeting apprentices as a Teaching Assistant within the sessions our coaches deliver.
After completing the 3-month training you will develop into a fully-fledged Coach where you will be coaching and mentoring 40-60 learners through their apprenticeship, introducing them to technical skills specific to their programme, but also softer skills to help them navigate through the working world.
The Coach role allows you to develop your own experience (we have a highly experienced team) as well as in teaching/mentoring, whilst helping develop a diverse group of future leaders. Your role will be delivering a mixture of small group workshops and boot camps plus one-to-one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders.
The Programme you would be involved in:
- Digital Business - Great for Business, Economics or Humanities teachers or those from Industry who have worked experience around Digital Transformation, Business Operations, Customer Engagement, or People roles.
- You can learn more about our programmes by visiting this link here.
What you bring:
- You have a passion for Data, Business, and/or Digital Transformation
- You have some prior experience with teaching, tutoring, or coaching, early careers mentoring
- You might be finishing up your PhD and have loved being a teaching assistant
- You might have a passion for development or wanting to share your knowledge with the next generation!
- You believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent
- You have experience with technical skills especially around data or digital transformation projects
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- A hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging, and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently