- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We are looking for an exceptional person to help deliver our software engineering apprenticeship, working with highly engaged groups of young people as they start their careers in the software space.
If you love inspiring and teaching others about software engineering, get a buzz from seeing young professionals develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of developers, this is the role for you.
Then we have the right role for you…
As an Associate Coach, you will develop both your technical, coaching, and teaching skills over 3 months as part of our Multiverse Coach Academy. You will have the opportunity to shadow our existing coaches to see how they deliver, learn our curriculum, and get involved in interacting and meeting apprentices as Teaching Assistants within the sessions our coaches deliver.
After completing the 3-month training you will develop into a fully-fledged Coach where you will be coaching and mentoring 40-60 learners through their apprenticeship, introducing them to technical skills specific to their program, but also softer skills to help them navigate through the working world.
The Coach role allows you to develop your own experience (we have a highly experienced team) as well as in teaching/mentoring, whilst helping develop a diverse group of future leaders. Your role will be delivering a mixture of small group workshops and boot camps plus one-to-one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders.
The starting salary for this role is £40K per annum. Once you have completed the 3-month academy program you will be eligible for the £12K bonus which is paid quarterly and then after successfully completing your 6 month probation period, you would move to the full coach salary.
- Our Software Engineering Coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and teaching backgrounds.
- What does the Programme I would be teaching look like?
- Great question! You will be delivering a BCS Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship program. For more information, here is a link to the BCS standards: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/software-developer/
What are the Progression Opportunities?
There are many paths you can choose to go down at Multiverse from being an Individual Contributor where you are a subject matter expert and getting more heavily involved in helping to develop the program/ curriculum as the company continues to scale. Or if you are wanting to manage in the future there is a pathway to becoming a Team Lead where you will lead and build amazing coaching teams.
Who are you?
- You are completely passionate about teaching and love the detail of developing an effective learning experience
- You are a player-coach: you can provide guidance, support, and encouragement harnessing your experience to support people to kick start their career in software development
- Bonus knowledge/experience in Node.js, React, Java, or any object-oriented program language.
- You believe in the principles of applied learning: it’s all about developing the knowledge, skills, and behaviors in a way that can be used in a real context, straightaway
- You are a team player - part of the coach’s responsibility is to work with the team at Multiverse and clients to ensure apprentices are meeting the expectations of their employer and the qualification
- You are all about social mobility. Helping young people whatever their background to master the foundations of software development
Please note this role offers hybrid working from home but you will need to be based permanently in the uk and be able to commute to the london office once per month
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Equity share options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently