- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to college and corporate training. Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline. At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to the boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
The role of team lead (instructional coach) at multiverse
Note: This is an NYC-based role (remote/hybrid).
The Team Lead is responsible for leading a world-class team of 15-20 US instructional coaches as they support our talented apprentices. This individual will elevate and scale this team through their superior people management skills and inspiring coaching style.
In this role you will:
- Hire, train, and manage a scaling team of talented, diverse apprentice coaches.
- Create a consistent and high-quality apprentice experience, from onboarding and programming through completion, via coach development. This includes:
- Implement feedback loops to maintain and improve all aspects of coaching and program delivery.
- Deliver ongoing feedback to coaches on their 1-on-1 sessions with apprentices and content delivery.
- Help coaches develop quarterly personal development goals (with quantitative metrics).
- Build, codify, and share any scalable systems emerging from your team that can be adopted across the company.
- Lead effective team meetings to ensure transparency, information-sharing, constant program improvement through proven best practices.
- Closely track and analyze apprentice data to help coaches identify apprentices who may need additional support.
- Partner with coaches to develop data-based academic interventions and support them through delivery and successful implementation.
- Serve as a point of escalation for apprentices, coaches, and clients.
- Create a sense of community among coaches and apprentices that fosters intellectual curiosity, kindness, and our mission.
We are looking for an experienced people leader (former instructional coaches or school leaders welcome!) to elevate and scale our coaching team. If you love inspiring and coaching others and truly care about disrupting higher education through work-based learning, this is the role for you.
- You are a strong people manager with proven experience in managing rapidly expanding people organizations. People leadership is a critical part of this role, and you will exemplify manager best practices throughout the organization and the coaching team. You are also confident leading through influence, collaborating with teams across the business to make our vision a reality.
- You are an instructional coach, educator, or school leader.
- You have technical experience and/or in-depth knowledge/commercial experience in instructional coaching and web development.
- You are passionate about supporting coaches on their personal development journey
- You are an expert problem solver and enjoy finding solutions to complex challenges at a fast pace. You delegate and prioritize decisively and thoughtfully.
- You have a data-driven approach and are comfortable using data to drive decision-making and hold people accountable for results.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator and are excited about working in a diverse, distributed team. Strong communication skills are essential in this role as the coaches are at different stages of their journeys and working directly with our apprentices. You are someone who does not shy away from tough conversations and sees them as learning opportunities.
- You have high internal expectations for what is possible and the ability to bring others along on that journey
- You are adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once, and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in, and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
Multiverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Multiverse will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.