- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Agile Coach (Contract) - Remote, Hybrid or office based
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
Your mission is to help make delivery smooth and predictable within our product squads. You will work collaboratively across our 3 squads to help embed best-in-class agile practices, increase team self-sufficiency, and make sure each team is fully accountable for delivery through improving visibility and tracking of metrics.
Passionate and pragmatic:
- You have a broad understanding of methodologies but are framework-agnostic and pragmatic.
- You are passionate about driving continuous improvement with metrics and honest feedback loops to evolve highly performant working practices. You are collaborative and you always listen to the team.
- You love the challenge of increasing predictability and consistency, advising on the crucial indicators to observe and improve.
- You empower autonomous teams to efficiently deliver high-quality products with real user impact.
- You coach and facilitate team practices, developing a shared toolkit for events such as team planning, slicing work, action-oriented retrospectives, and crucial conversations.
- You collaborate with product managers, UX design, engineering, and other internal stakeholders across the business to optimise for self-organisation, transparency, technical excellence and flexibility in our product teams.
- You offer individual coaching and direct feedback to both leaders and individual contributors, demonstrating situational awareness and humility.
- You are proactive and collaborative when tackling challenges and dependencies in the wider business.
- You are a talented stakeholder manager, able to empathise and influence across disciplines and organisational structure, working to grow the understanding and adoption of agile practices and high-trust collaboration.
- You can communicate delivery progress at the right level, both to the team and to a disparate group of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 Years Experience as an Agile coach, delivery manager, or scrum master
- Agile qualifications (e.g. Scrum Master Certificates)
- Experience working in fast-growth organisations
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission. As such, we’ve launched a 3 pillar Inclusion & Diversity strategy encompassing recruitment, development and culture so that we’re intentional about inclusion as we grow. Yes, we’re an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member and our apprentice community.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently