- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Who We Are
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD.com, Boll & Branch, and Thinx use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series B round for $50m, our institutional investors include Tiger Global, Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
The Developer Experience Manager will direct a team of engineers building open source developer tools for Nacelle’s customers and partner base. The team is tight knit, collaborative, and fast paced.
We are seeking an experienced manager to guide the team as it builds tools for the ecommerce developer. Success on this team means empowering developers with Nacelle’s APIs and maintaining a number of Open Source projects so that they are consistently enabling the objectives of developers building on top of Nacelle.
The impact you will have:
In 90 days:
You’ll be advocating for the needs of ecommerce developers and organizing the team around that mission.
In 6 months:
You’ll be maintaining a thriving developer enablement program with rich community involvement and two way feedback.
In 1 year:
You’ll be expanding the program to reach more developers in more mediums, based on your experience and industry trends
- Advocate for Developer Experience initiatives. Provide internal and external thought leadership around the use cases that are meaningful for developers.
- Align with Product team on roadmap, feasibility and resource planning of new initiatives.
- Translate product requirements into engineering work for your team.
- 5+ years relevant work experience and successful track record of growing and enabling a developer community to solve focused customer problems.
- Effective people leadership skills and culture champion, builds high performing teams. Successful track record of delivering culture and tools changes.
- Strong understanding of software development, and more specifically, open source software development and the community that is built around it.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
Nice to Have:
- Jamstack experience to understand the tech stack used by Nacelle’s merchants.
- Ecommerce experience to gain context on the kinds of customers we serve.
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka and event-driven architecture.
- Experience with giving talks at developer conferences.
- Experience with writing documentation or technical articles.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- Learning and development fund
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration