- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the process in the placement of Rep and Warranty insurance.
FROM THE TEAM: We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual. Someone that is hungry to learn, embraces challenges, is eager to grow, and understands how to be a leader. Our M&A Advisory practice is growing and thriving, and we need someone that understands the pace, expectations, and flow of private equity transactions. If you understand those things, you will know that this role isn’t for everyone. Newfront values investing in our people for development and professional growth and we can’t wait to invest in you. We understand the need for flexibility in location and work/life balance challenges. You will see firsthand how we live our ethos of Work. Love. Play.
- This is a salaried, exempt, and full-time role.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: SVP, M&A Advisory Practice Leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze private company middle-market M&A transactions on behalf of private equity funds and strategic acquirers.
- Prepare deal marketing synopses.
- Research industry risks.
- Create summary reports.
- Identify underwriters that will be best suited for each opportunity.
- Create and send market submission.
- Distill M&A coverage issues and requests for information.
- Synthesize non-binding indication letters.
- Keep up with industry trends that impact client outcomes.
- Coordinate with investment bankers, law firms, accounting firms, valuation firms, and others regarding deal basics such as NDAs, confidential reports, and underwriting timelines.
- May be assigned other responsibilities and tasks as needed to support strategic vision of clients and the practice.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Must work independently, with minimal supervision and can take initiative and create solutions.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking, and presentation preparation.
- Ability to comprehend financial documents.
- Organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with short timelines and deal-time pressures.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and the complexities of its features.
- Ability to be inventive, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to handle contending priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and embrace the use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, work with a sense of urgency, and take care of changing priorities and timelines.
- Proficient at project planning and time management.
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree required.
- Specific M&A insurance experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
Certificates, licenses, and registration
Must acquire the appropriate State Insurance License(s).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using a computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, laptop equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires seasonal travelling to visit clients and prospects.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.