- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Intelligence
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
As a senior analytics engineer, your goal is to turn Newfront into a data-first company by building a seamless analytics experience for data consumers. You will have widespread purview, with a responsibility for understanding, aggregating, and exposing data across the entire business to support timely and efficient decision-making and data exploration. You will help implement Newfront’s data warehouse, data transformation, and business intelligence reporting environments, and democratize access to data.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of data modeling and analytic skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Background in successfully designing, building and maintaining a data warehouse and transformation layers.
- A clear passion for staying up-to-date with and learning new data engineering and analytics skills independently and continuously.
- Experience with modern ELT and reporting tools.
- Fundamental understanding of software engineering practices, such as version control, testing, and CI/CD.
- Advanced data analysis knowledge and experience, with strong SQL and Python skills.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for digging deep into messy data and extracting the useful parts.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of data modeling and analytic skills
- A clear passion for learning new BI skills and techniques independently and continuously
- Experience with ETL tools and building / maintaining a data warehouse and transformation layers (DBT)
- Experience in implementing / maintaining automated reporting tools (Tableau)
- Ability to create extensible and scalable data schema that lay the foundation for downstream analysis
- Advanced data analysis knowledge and experience, with strong SQL, and data mining skills
Current Tech Stack
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.