- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Data Science
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
As a senior data engineer, your goal is to turn Newfront into a data-first company by building a robust, reliable, single-source-of-truth data foundation. You will have widespread purview, with a responsibility for understanding, aggregating, and exposing data across the entire business to support timely decision-making and build data products.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
- Work with analytics, operations, finance and other business partners to understand data needs and business processes.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to craft data requirements.
- Design how we collect, move, store and transform our data.
- Build robust data pipelines that capture data from a dozen different systems and reliably centralize it in our data warehouse.
- Build data infrastructure that syncs data between product, data warehouse and 3rd party tooling.
- Investigate and propose the use of new technologies to supplement our data stack.
- Own large parts of our data warehouse and infrastructure.
- Establish data engineering best practices that ensure reliability, maintainability and extensibility.
- Work directly with and mentor a growing data team of data engineers, analytics engineers, analysts and data scientists.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a data engineering role, or similar.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Background in successfully designing, building and maintaining data pipelines and a data warehouse.
- A clear passion for staying up-to-date with and learning new data engineering and analytics skills independently and continuously.
- Experience with modern ELT and reporting tools.
- Fundamental understanding of software engineering practices, such as version control, testing, and CI/CD.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for digging deep into messy data and extracting the useful parts.
Current Tech Stack
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.