- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Engineering QA
A bit about Newfront:
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
As a Senior QA Engineer at Newfront, you will work with the Engineering team to build and ship high quality software with confidence. You will play an active role in shaping the quality of our software that supercharges our brokers and helps clients manage their risk. You will deeply integrate with the development teams and set a high bar for quality across the engineering organization.
This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
- Build a quality driven engineering culture that enables shipping features rapidly with high confidence
- Create, execute and maintain test plans across multiple services
- Work with other engineers and product managers to participate in early software design discussions
- Partner with Engineering/DevOps teams and leverage automation to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of services
- Actively collaborate with multiple teams to streamline testing effort and ensure adequate coverage
- 5+ years of experience in a Software QA Engineer role
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrable experience in integration testing APIs and microservices
- Experience monitoring distributed traces and troubleshooting failures
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience assessing risk and developing smoke/regression test plans accordingly
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, AWS ecosystem and Docker containers is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative remote work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.