- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: In this Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Role, you’ll be helping build a world class Finance team that can deliver not only timely and accurate financial information, but also meet the day-to-day operational challenges associated with rapid growth.
FROM THE TEAM: Come join Newfront’s Accounting/Finance Team. We are a group that is passionate about numbers! We work collaboratively within our group and also with creative, expert teams across the organization. We are committed to the professional development of our team members.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is based from any of Newfront’s Bay Area office locations.
- This position reports to: Finance Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in monthly financial close and prepare financial reporting information to the executive team.
- Playing an integral role in the Company’s financial planning process, including the annual and multi-year financial planning cycles.
- Managing headcount planning and tracking core business KPIs to help track business performance.
- Support the annual strategic planning process and the recurring forecast process.
- Collaborate with teams across Newfront to drive operational improvement, reducing time to deliver while improving accuracy.
- Identify initiatives that continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes.
- Perform other ad hoc projects as needed.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and to be flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as use of the Internet. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
Education and experience
2-4 years of total experience across a combination of investment banking and operating experience at a fast-paced technology company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.