- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting Newfront employee benefits clients on a day to day basis by servicing them with the optimal combination of employee benefit programs, communication, and service administration to help them achieve their business goals. Your exceptional communication skills help you connect with clients by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
FROM THE TEAM: The Newfront Employee Benefits team is looking for the smart creative. The team you’d join is fast-paced, technology-driven, and service-oriented. We partner with large, Bay Area technology clients and value new and fresh ideas. We are highly motivated, inclusive of everyone, and always open to new ideas. If you’re an ambitious and agile self-motivated multi-tasker who’s ready to show up with your best self, you’d fit in with us! A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to partner with the industry’s leading Account Managers. You must be technology driven and open to learning new systems. You’ll be working with fun, energetic clients, and an expeditious team. Your responsibilities may alter from day-to-day, bringing tremendous growth opportunity. Each client presents different opportunities to provide unique services. We are looking for a partner who thinks outside the box, is skilled at problem-solving, and doesn’t mind juggling competing priorities. Newfront and this team believe in accountability and are in this together – we work together to see the big picture and get the job done and are not afraid to have fun while doing so!
- This position is a salaried, exempt role.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- The position reports to: Service Leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Build relationships with clients and carrier partners.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients and support Business Consultant or Sr. Business Consultant on client accounts
- Manage client project plans and leading client calls
- Assist with client meeting deliverables and actively participate in the meetings
- Manage the annual client calendar including renewal and marketing processes for clients.
- Attend and participate in client renewal meetings
- Conduct client open enrollment meetings.
- Manage escalated and complex client issues with minimal guidance.
- Manage product and carrier implementations.
- Coordinate the management of client technology solutions alongside the EB Technology team and have basic knowledge of systems.
- Develop and deliver communication strategies for clients.
- Review and contribute to client communications.
- Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance and benefit trends.
- Conduct final review to ensure accuracy of compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
- Review and oversee outsourced tasks before distribution to the client.
- May train the next level down (i.e. Client Manager may train Sr. Client Representative and/or Client Representative)
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advance complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning and management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
- Benefits experience required.
- Independently manage accounts and support complex accounts with guidance from client lead.
- Strong understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to analyze data.
Certifcates, licenses, registration
CA Department of Insurance Life License (required or completed within 1 month of start date).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.