- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting Newfront employee benefits clients on a day to day basis by servicing them with the optimal combination of employee benefit programs, communication, and service administration to help them achieve their business goals. Your exceptional communication skills help you connect with clients by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
FROM THE TEAM: If you like the freedom to be creative, enjoy thinking outside the box, and like to have fun - Keep reading! We are an Employee Benefits team who enjoy to creatively challenge ourselves in thinking outside the box and grow our careers in such a unique space. Our team has the opportunity to work with high tech, innovative clients whose goals are to make a difference. This role has the opportunity for growth and development. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, and enjoy having fun. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, collaborative, and enjoys tackling challenges by thinking outside the box.
- This position is a salaried, exempt, full-time role.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- The position reports to the Service Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and carrier partners.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients.
- Support Business Consultant and Sr. Business Consultant on client accounts and lead standard accounts with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in order to explain technical analysis with regards to plan renewal, marketing, budgeting, contribution scenarios and demographic analysis.
- Manage client project plans and lead client calls.
- Create client meeting deliverables and participate in the meetings.
- Lead and manage the annual client calendar including renewal and marketing processes for clients.
- Conduct client open enrollment meetings.
- Manage escalated and complex client issues with minimal guidance.
- Manage product and carrier implementations.
- Coordinate the management of client technology solutions alongside the EB Technology team and have basic knowledge of systems.
- Develop and deliver communication strategies for clients.
- Review and contribute to client communications.
- Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance and benefit trends.
- Review and oversee outsourced tasks before release to the client.
- Conduct final review to ensure accuracy of compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
- May train the next level down (i.e. Sr. Client Manager may train Client Manager).
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Exceptional communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advance complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, offer solutions, and make process improvements.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively address issues and client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience.
- Benefits experience required. Brokerage experience preferred.
- Independently manage accounts and support complex accounts with minimal guidance from client lead.
- Vast understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to analyze data.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Department of Insurance Life License required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.