- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for company-wide recruitment by managing the sourcing and interviewing processes, programs and projects in a new, industry-changing brokerage.
FROM THE TEAM: Does the prospect of recruiting for a growing company inspire you? Do you love to find hidden talent in new and different ways? Would you enjoy being on a team that focuses on making Newfront a great place to work?
Being a part of Newfront’s People Operations and Talent Acquisition team affords you these opportunities - and more. We are a tight knit and smart-working team dedicated to helping our team Work, Love and Play to the highest and best of their abilities. In the role, you would be an integral part of building the Newfront team for success now and in the future. Since we are growing as an organization, your career can grow with us too.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position may be remote and/or can work from any of Newfront’s office locations. #LI-Remote
- This position will report to: Chief People Officer.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for implementing Newfront’s full cycle recruiting process and strategies.
- Partner with hiring managers across Newfront to assess and determine staffing needs.
- Work with hiring managers to understand and establish job and team requirements, create job-specific recruiting plans including interview questions and candidate assessments.
- Attract active applicants by posting open jobs, placing advertisements; contacting recruiters, using list files, newsgroups and job sites and social media.
- Source a high volume and passive candidates by using online and social media tools, company networking channels and centers of influence. Create a pipeline of future candidates by conducting informational interviews and maintaining relationships.
- Manage job and candidate activity using the online posting and applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manage the interview process by coordinating schedules and plans.
- Work with entire team to maintain a positive candidate experience throughout the recruiting process.
- Administer pre-employment programs, prepare background checks and conduct reference checks. Work with People Operations team to prepare and extend employment offers.
- Lead recruiting initiatives such as Newfront sponsored network events, campus recruiting efforts, and participating in industry networking activities.
- Maintain professional expertise by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional/trade organizations.
- Assist with miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
- May manage and/or train the next level down.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advanced complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at project planning and time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with vendors and internal stakeholders.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of Recruiting experience required.
Certificates, licenses, registration
Professional in Human Resources certification a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.