- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
As a Newfront DevOps engineer, you will play a key role in establishing and implementing our tech stack, and have sway on architectural decisions. You will be joining a small team who is responsible for all things infrastructure. You are passionate about solving problems at scale, and go the extra mile to minimize latency.
We are looking for someone that can both write code and architect deployments for it. This role is half coding and half infrastructure management. When not developing product deployments, you will have a large focus on tooling to support machine learning training and data collection.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge in:Management and deployment using AWS.Deployment infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Git version control.
- Linux/Unix operating systems, both physical and virtualized infrastructures.
- Knowledge in:Container deployment architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, EKS, ECS).
- Configuration management system like Ansible, Gruntworks, etc.
- Basic administration of databases (PostgreSQL).
- Experience configuring a system of CI/CD (GitLabCI, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Ability to develop scripts in at least one programming language (Python or Ruby type).
- Experience in agile projects and methodologies.
- For this position, it is essential to have an upper-intermediate to advanced level of English in reading, speaking and writing.
- Candidates must be able to show that they currently meet or can meet the requirement for obtaining a public trust clearance.
- ++ for experience with: Google Cloud Search, Gruntworks
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems.
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform.Designing, maintenance and management of tools for automation of different operational processes.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.