- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting with all Salesforce needs on Newfront’s IT Infrastructure Team, to include both declarative and programmatic Salesforce development. This role will include various functions on Newfront’s Development Team, such as loading data, migrating metadata, migrating changesets, troubleshooting bugs, developing integrations between systems, and building lighting flows. You will support the Newfront Development Team in building The Newfront Team’s systems to support a quickly growing organization.
FROM THE TEAM: We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to contribute to the next generation of technology for insurance agents and brokers. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker and a great communicator. You should be excited to learn and willing to work both independently and as a team. While working individually most of the time, this candidate will rely on guidance from a Salesforce Architect, as well as other IT team members.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront Office location.
- This position reports to the Team Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain custom integrations and applications using Apex.
- Utilize the bulk API for data migration efforts using Apex.
- LWC development to provide modern user interfaces within the Salesforce platform.
- Declarative Salesforce development to build internal user workflows and processes.
- Data migrations to and from various systems.
- Build and maintain Salesforce Einstein (Tableau) configurations in order to aid in internal data analytics efforts.
- Build and maintain custom integrations on Salesforce to provide data enrichment and improved processes for internal users.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce data model.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of when to use code over clicks.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn.
Education and experience
- 3+ Years Salesforce Development experience.
- Experience using Salesforce’s declarative development tools (Lightning flow builder, workflows, and process builder).
- Experience building Visualforce pages.
- Experience with Apex development and the Salesforce development lifecycle.
- Experience developing Lighting Aura and Lighting Web Components.
- Experience writing both SOAP and REST APIs in Salesforce.
- Experience with building communities.
Certificates, licenses, registration
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator preferred.
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder preferred.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long amounts of time sitting at desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) amounts of time standing or walking to visit clients, often for meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly client collateral, lap top equipment, etc.) less than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.