- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
Why we’re looking for someone like you:
As a Product Manager at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product definition and execution. You’ll work across multiple stakeholders at Newfront to explore problem spaces and help define concrete projects for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth as a business.
We create products for 3 major user groups – our clients, brokers, and the servicing team.
Clients: Insurance is a complicated product that costs a lot, and the bigger your business is, the more difficult it can be to understand and purchase the right coverage. We want to make the purchasing experience transparent and understandable in order to give clients peace of mind. During the policy term, it should be quick and easy for them to request updates, make claims, pay, or otherwise get help from their servicing team.
Brokers: We help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need a dashboard that clearly communicates the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, shows their progress towards sales goals, and enables collaboration between them and the servicing team.
Servicing team: This team includes account managers and operations specialists responsible for providing stellar service to our clients. They are the backbone of the company since the quality and efficiency of their work directly translate into year-over-year retention of Newfront’s clients.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with us in exploring their issues and how a combination of product and process may help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable researching the needs with user groups that aren’t technical nor familiar with product development processes. You have an incredible appetite for learning about new domain spaces and creating efficiencies for both our product’s users and the business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Distilling complex requirements into simple workflows. The insurance industry is one built on exceptions, and features you build will need to be a multiplier in enabling workflows while being flexible enough to adapt to many situational requirements.
- Aligning diverse partners and teams of engineers, designers, and operations to guide a shared vision and set your team’s goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Newfront’s mission to turn risk into opportunity for clients.
- Working with Designers and Engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will conduct research and create product specs, influence and provide feedback on product designs, and work with engineering to drive high-quality feature launches.
- Calculating ROI of product engineering investment. Take ownership of measuring the operational impact of your product launches.
- Communicating a cohesive product framework. At a startup, there are a million features we could be launching, but now you’ve picked this one. You’ll need to clearly reason about your ideas and be able to communicate frameworks for prioritizing and executing on projects.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Experience: 3+ years of product management experience with software products. Demonstrated track record of driving each step in product development: research, initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, and iteration
- Systems thinking: Ability to see how features should fit together to serve an operator’s workflow, and an understanding of how that operator’s workflow impacts the business.
- Execution: Ability to work effectively with design and engineering to set realistic goals and deliver. Strong ownership mentality and attention to detail.
- Communication and collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work closely with and effectively manage crossfunctional stakeholders. Strong communication skills (oral and written) for teammates of all levels and for users who are not familiar with tech and product development.
- Long-term product strategy: Experience creating strategic product roadmaps that span multiple years.
- Relevant domain spaces: prior experience with fintech, marketplaces, insurance, workflow optimization, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations management.
- Background in Computer Science, Operations Research or a related technical discipline.
- This position is open to remote candidates with a preference for those between the GMT-5 (Eastern EST) and GMT-8 (Pacific PST) timezones. #LI-Remote
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
- Quarterly team events
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.