- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Product Engineering
A bit about Newfront:
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
As a Product Manager at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product planning, scoping, and execution. You’ll work to define concrete projects for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth as a business.
- We develop products for 3 different user groups – our clients, brokers, and the servicing team.
- Clients: We want to do the hard work of helping Newfront’s clients understand the coverage they have and buy the coverage they need easily at a great price. When things happen in their business, they should be able to easily request an update to their coverage, get help, or make a claim.
- Brokers: We want to help them turn leads into sales. Insurance brokers are like a sales team in a traditional SaaS company. They need tools that clearly communicate the status of all of their clients, tracks their leads, and helps them grow the revenue they bring to Newfront.
- Servicing team: We want to enable Account Managers and other servicing team members to focus on stellar service for our clients rather than data entry, PDF generation, and repeating status updates. To do so, we aim to automate these tedious processes as well as make tools that help the servicing team efficiently advise and support clients through business activities that impact their insurance needs.
As the owner of the Product Platform, you’ll own the core building blocks for creating the Newfront client experience. From insurance operator licensing and compliance to client security and data management, we’re creating a platform where our clients can help us help them manage their risks and perform all the transactions they’re responsible for. This role will involve setting feature teams up for success in being able to use shared product utilities like notifications, document management, and access permissions.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with us in exploring their issues and how a combination of product and process may help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable communicating product and technical development processes to a non-technical audience and with the leadership team.
- Distilling complex requirements into simple frameworks. The insurance industry is one built on exceptions, and features you build will need to be a multiplier in enabling workflows while being flexible enough to manage those exceptions.
- Aligning diverse partners and teams of engineers, designers, and operations to guide a shared vision and set your team’s goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Newfront’s mission to turn risk into opportunity for clients.
- Working with Designers and Engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will conduct research and create product specs, influence and provide feedback on product designs, and work with engineering to drive high-quality feature launches.
- Communicating a cohesive product investment framework. At a startup, there are a million features we could be launching, but you’ve picked this one. You’ll need to clearly reason about your ideas and be able to communicate frameworks for prioritizing and executing on projects through metrics creation, ROI evaluation, and impact analysis.
- Partner with product operations to enable complex rollouts for the servicing team and our clients.
- Experience: 5-8 years of product management experience with software products. Deep knowledge of how an high-output engineering organization should function and clear expectations of different players and partners within engineering org.
- Systems thinking: Ability to see how various products and features should fit together to serve the operations team, with the analytical skills to justify the approach being taken. Demonstrated ability to identify foundational issues with product strategy and then actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Execution: Self-starter, independently motivated. Bias towards action and experimentation. Capacity to juggle multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining incredible attention to detail.
- Communication and collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work closely with, manage, and align stakeholders within operations, engineering, user research, design, and other business functions. Ability to create and communicate intuitive frameworks for thinking about products. Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written) for technical and non-technical colleagues up to and including the executive-level.
- Long-term product strategy: Experience creating strategic product roadmaps that span multiple years.
- Relevant domain spaces: prior experience with fintech, marketplaces, insurance, workflow optimization, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations management. We also value experience with infrastructure, B2B integrations, data extraction, and ML processing.
- Background in Computer Science, Math and Statistics, Operations Research or a related technical discipline.
- Experience managing product managers and/or other product adjacent functions (e.g. designers, analysts). We’re growing!
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.