- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Professional Services
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This client facing position is responsible for providing claims consulting services to both internal and external clients and acting as an advocate in helping to resolve any coverage or claims handling issues.
FROM THE TEAM: Our Newfront Claims Consultants provide the expertise needed to guide our insureds through the claims process from beginning to end. The types of claims our team handles are constantly evolving as our Insured’s risks and exposures change. Because of this, we encourage continuing education in both insurance and subject matter in order to stay abreast on current trends in the market, litigation, and risk exposures. You can expect each day to bring unique claims and circumstances – some of the most interesting you’ll see in the industry! As Newfront continues to expand, the claims team offers room for growth and career development. We are very much a TEAM – we support each other, we depend on each other, we pull our resources to solve problems, and we work collaboratively with other P&C departments, vendors and carriers to get the job done. Our best employee is someone who can advocate for our clients, is a strong communicator, has a positive attitude and is willing to work hard!
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- This individual reports to: VP, Claims and Contracts Specialist.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as a liaison between Newfront’s clients and the insurance carriers to facilitate resolution of claims.
- Review policies to evaluate coverage; advise client and account team to set appropriate expectations.
- Monitor claims activity and results.
- Communicate with clients, adjusters, carriers, attorneys, etc. to move claims towards resolution.
- Respond to questions/inquiries from clients, account team, carriers, etc.
- Participate in claim reviews with client and account team.
- Support claims team in developing reports.
- Act as team expert and point of contact in defined areas of expertise
- Provide mentoring and/or training to Claims Administrators.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Ability to read, understand, and analyze coverage in various types of P&C policies.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and to be flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines. Ability to manage people, projects and teams.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues so as to cultivate teamwork and collaboration. Must also work independently, with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Persistence and creativity in resolving unique and challenging problems; tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to resolve difficult situations with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to think critically; anticipate, identify and develop solutions to problems.
- Results oriented, with strong client service emphasis and focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as use of the Internet and carrier claims portals. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of insurance coverage concepts.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
- Minimum five years insurance industry background or demonstrated knowledge of insurance coverage concepts.
- Minimum five years paralegal experience accepted in lieu of a JD.
- Must continue to meet continuing education requirements for CA Department of insurance license renewal. Additional insurance designations and/or claims specific course work considered an asset.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Department of Insurance Property and Casualty License required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires intermittent travel to attend client meetings and events.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.